Administrative Support Coordinator
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator
Job ID: 24291
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1035, Range 2
Department: College of Social Sciences
About the Position
Reporting to the Manager of Academic Resources, the Administrative Support Assistant provides moderately complex office and clerical support for the Dean’s Office. Working independently under general supervision, this position assists the Dean, Associate Dean, Administrative Analysts, Manager of Academic Resources, students, faculty, and staff in the College of Social Sciences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as front-line receptionist, answer phones, greet faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all College Special events, meetings, and receptions including Transfer Orientations, Council of Chairs Meetings, Fall Welcome Back, Honors Convocation etc.
- Pick up student, faculty, and staff payrolls.
- Assist with supervising office student assistants.
- Responsible for expenditure tracking and reporting for the Dean’s Office operating expenses, and Tower/Research Foundation Accounts.
- Responsible for purchases, reimbursements, and payments for the Dean’s Office and Academic Research Center.
- Responsible for reconciliation of SJSU Pro Cards, Go Cards, and Tower Foundation Cards for the Dean’s Office staff.
- Responsible for reviewing travel authorization requests in FTS for the College.
- Responsible for processing Temporary Faculty Evaluations, annual and cumulative.
- Assist with processing of Temporary Faculty Appointments from the 12 College departments.
- Assist Executive Assistant to the Dean with the RTP and Sabbatical processes.
- Responsible for maintaining College Emeritus list.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for Dean’s thank-you notes to donors.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining confidential records for faculty appointments, recruitments, evaluations, RTP and departmental election records.
- Assist with management of the class scheduling process for the College of Social Sciences resulting in an accurate and timely submission of the schedule to Academic Scheduling each semester and session.
- Act as the back-up scheduler for the College of Social Sciences.
- Responsible for coordinating changes and assisting to assure accuracy during all phases of the class scheduling process.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24291.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.