IT Engineer - (Cisco UCS)
The IT Engineer - (Cisco UCS) position requires subject matter expert skill set in Cisco Unified Computing Systems/ Hyper converged platforms Virtualization, VMware (Server and VDI)
They will support MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources. The incumbent will lead and manage projects, participate in vendor management, create/maintain documentation, and create standards and documentation. Performs Technology Lifecycle management duties, presenting proposals/solutions to management through executive layers, and participate in the budget process along with management. The incumbent will work with other engineers to design and build environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes, while also serving as a level of escalation by assisting Operations team(s) who support the environments. The incumbent will also provide mentorship and leadership to junior members of the engineering team.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects to determine future needs; participate in planning sessions with Technology Lifecycle Managers to determine how to meet future requirements. This includes researching industry trends, understanding what technology products are available, and making a business case for pursuing or not pursuing a particular technology product in the future.
- Presents proposals/solutions to management through executive layers, and participates in the budget process along with management.
- Designs and builds technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
- Within this process, Engineers are accountable for working with Operations and defining installation, configuration, and provision processes and standards, as well as types of instrumentation required to administer, monitor performance, and troubleshoot problems.
- Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events), and makes recommendations.
- Provides on-call support as an escalation point from level 2 Operations teams, or in SEV1 situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Saint Louis Park, MN
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 08:22:15 PDT