Software Engineer - Full Stack
A Full Stack Software Engineer is involved in the "whole picture" in the development of an application - from the front-end user interface to the back-end services and database design. The applications that you help to design and develop as a Full Stack Engineer as part of Quantum's development team will need to be implemented so users have an easy to use and well performing experience - that also have well performing, flexible, and secure back-ends that are seamless to the user.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Quantum you will work together with team members across our business presences to develop applications in an agile environment. You will work extensively with design and development team members to design and execute applications based on requirements and standards to ensure a powerful, easy to use experience for our applications. In the back end you will help ensure a flexibility, security, and performance. Constant coordination with other development engineers and QA team members will be vital to ensure that everything functions as expected and designed.
- Collaborate in architecting and developing solutions with our design and development teams - based upon design guidelines and requirements. Produce thorough documentation of these solutions to help support collaboration with other development team members.
- Assist in the design / concept phase to help prepare prototypes and related documentation.
- Execute development of easy to use experiences for our customers, with great performance.
- Ensure that solutions are architected for flexibility, performance, and security while meeting the requirements necessary for the application.
- Implement front-end solutions in web technologies that are consistent and compatible across multiple platforms/browsers, devices, and different resolutions.
- Ensure well commented-code for use for other development team members.
- Help to maintain and ensure consistency and conventions across different projects via code standards and related conventions, including through contributions to related documentation, as well as updating style guides with implementation standards for our front-end solutions.
- Coordinate with our QA team members throughout the development lifecycle to ensure developed solutions are easily testable.
- Maintain updated project documentation and task status using online collaboration and project tools.
- Must have legal authorization to work within the United States.
- Experience developing web based applications and services using ASP.NET with experience in both C# and VB.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background/experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Web / Mobile Application Development, or related fields.
- Experience with databases including Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Meticulous attention to detail and user experience. Ability to execute easy to use, well performing, applications based on interface design and system requirements defined within our team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- May need to travel globally per client and project requirements.
- Previous experience developing enterprise grade applications, web APIs, and services.
- A highly motivated team player who is organized and efficient.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies, keeping up to date with the latest developments, changes, and challenges within the industry.
- Foresight of identifying potential technical, functionality, or user experience issues.
- Strong sense and advocate of customer/user experience.
- Ability to overcome potential technical obstacles and limitations.
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of front end frameworks and technologies such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, LESS, and Sass.
- Previous experience using front end libraries such as Kendo UI or DevCraft is a plus.
- Strong understanding of implementing responsive designs and consideration of optimizing media queries for a wide range of audience devices and resolutions.
- Mobile development experience with both iOS and Android is a strong plus.
- Exposure or experience with other of server side frameworks such as Node.js and other languages including Java, C++, Objective C, Swift, or Python is beneficial.
- Experience working and interpreting documents and resources such as Functional Requirements, Design Documents / Guidelines, Style Guides, and Design Mockups.
- Working knowledge of graphics tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch to export production graphics from designs.
- Proficiency in creating highly testable applications with consistent coding conventions.
- Experience in Agile development environments such as Scrum or Kanban for Software.
- Proficiency with source control management tools such as Git and Continuous Integration workflows or tools. Solid commit practices to ensure high quality documentation and traceability - and association with related features / issues.
- Experience developing applications for or supporting manufacturing systems/environments is advantageous.
- Exposure, experience, or knowledge in Windows application design technologies such as WPF, WinForms, Windows Platform, or Windows Mobile is advantageous.
- Experience working with customers and teams in international environments.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and (both written and verbal) communication skills.
- An independent self-starter and quick learner able to troubleshoot issues on their own, but will seek help to other team members when needed.
The future of Information Technology is here. With the advancement of mobile devices and smartphones, the days of not easily accessing data are over. Quantum is the company leading the way in high-tech software suites, focused on your business productivity, and bringing it to you with a vision into the future.
An enterprise software development pioneer, established in 1998, Quantum has led the way in high tech software solutions and related services. Headquartered in Waterford, MI USA, with offices around the world, we're always ready for you. Our global presence includes: North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Africa. We will support your locations, 24x7, around the world.
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:42:42 PDT