This position oversees administrative functions which includes managing meeting calendars, meeting preparation, drafting correspondence, processing travel, processing checks and purchase requests, assisting, with contracts, tracking budget information in spreadsheets, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, updating websites, assisting with relevant social media platforms, among other duties. The employee in this position is expected to provide professional interaction with internal and external constituents.Candidates being sought will have:
- A bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of administrative and office management experience,
- or an associate's degree and 5-7 years of administrative and office management experience,
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior executive support experience;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Highly proficient computer skills and comfortable acquiring new skills quickly. Specifically, proficiency in MS Office Suite, web-based systems, and website maintenance is expected, as is experience with Google apps, virtual meeting platforms and social media applications;
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings is desired.
- Experience in budget and fund management would be ideal. Preference given to candidates with experience in a higher education environment.
- Previous experience with the Banner system, Bulldog Buyway, and Chrome River or similar e-procurement and automated travel management programs is preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, sensitivity, and confidentiality in performing administrative support functions.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through October 22, 2017.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.