Application QA Analyst
The Application QA (Quality Assurance) Analyst will be primarily responsible for developing and executing tests in collaboration with development team members to ensure high quality software applications and customer satisfaction.
You will be a member of development teams executing projects across multiple platforms and environments including web, mobile, and industry specific hardware devices. Working throughout the software development lifecycle you will help to coordinate the creation and execution of automated and manual tests to ensure quality from the initial development phases to customer delivery.
- Design and execute functional, performance, and load tests using both automated test recording tools, and manual methods.
- Create and maintain updated test documentation, results, and updated statuses in task logs on team project sites and project management tools.
- Document and track any issues or defects with detail in order for issues to be resolved in a time efficient manner. Supporting with evidence and documentation such as annotated graphics / screenshots, screen recording videos, log files, or other resources when applicable.
- Verify that applications conform and function according to any design specifications and requirements - including verification against functional and interface design documents and related mockups.
- Coordinate with the design team to ensure the designed experience of the application is what is implemented in development, and help to provide class leading solutions and experiences for our customers.
- Creation of additional software documentation and related resources for technical and non-technical audiences as required.
- Must have legal authorization to work within the United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background/experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Web / Mobile Application Development or Testing, Software QA Testing, or related fields.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Clear and concise writing skills, for documenting and communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A highly motivated team player with a strong attention/focus to detail, and is organized and efficient.
- Foresight of identifying potential technical or functionality issues beyond surface level testing, and raising these issues to the team.
- Strong sense and advocate of customer/user experience.
- Background in translating business and functional requirements to functional software tests.
- Knowledge of test concepts such as regression, unit, integration, and load testing.
- Experience creating and executing test cases for enterprise grade software.
- Working knowledge of server side technologies such as ASP.NET is a plus.
- Knowledge working and interpreting documents and resources such as Functional Requirements, Design Documents / Guidelines, Style Guides, and Design Mockups.
- Proficiency writing software tests cases and related documentation.
- Exposure to web frameworks and technologies such as jQuery, AngularJS, and Bootstrap is advantageous.
- Experience in Agile development environments such as Scrum or Kanban for Software.
- Mobile testing experience or development (iOS & Android) experience is desirable.
- Experience with automated test tools such as Test Studio or similar testing tools such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with source control management tools such as Git and Continuous Integration workflows or tools.
- Experience working with customers and teams in international environments.
- Working knowledge or experience with databases such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or MySQL is a plus.
- Basic experience with graphics or video tools to help enhance documentation process.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, analytical, and (both written and verbal) communication skills.
- An independent self-starter and quick learner able to troubleshoot issues on their own, but will seek help to other team members when needed.
The future of Information Technology is here. With the advancement of mobile devices and smartphones, the days of not easily accessing data are over. Quantum is the company leading the way in high-tech software suites, focused on your business productivity, and bringing it to you with a vision into the future.
An enterprise software development pioneer, established in 1998, Quantum has led the way in high tech software solutions and related services. Headquartered in Waterford, MI USA, with offices around the world, we're always ready for you. Our global presence includes: North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Africa. We will support your locations, 24x7, around the world.
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:37:00 PDT