Senior Visitor Services Associate (Administrative Assistant I)
The Visitor Services Coordinator assists the Visitor Services Manager in the operations of the front desk, the gift store, traveling exhibits, and to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Museum.
The position is responsible for staffing the front desk of the museum to provide quality visitor experiences, scheduling other front desk staff, and assisting the Visitor Services Manager with a variety of administrative duties related to museum operations. This position is also responsible for scheduling and collecting payment for traveling exhibits.
Who we are:
The mission of the University of Colorado Museum of Natural History is to contribute to the knowledge of the natural world and human history through research, teaching, and public education.
The Museum and Field Studies Graduate Program offers students an opportunity to earn a Master of Science degree or a certificate of Museum Studies.
The Museum's exhibition galleries are open to the public, free of charge, seven days a week and the Museum offers a variety of programs and events throughout the year.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Front Desk Staff Coordinator
- Staff the front desk of the Museum 2.5 days/week, greeting visitors and providing accurate information and assistance
- Schedules visitor services staff to ensure coverage of front desk during open hours and during after-hours events
- Performs tasks assigned by the Visitor Services Manager, including assistance with gift store merchandise, processing payments, communicating with rental clients and other administrative tasks
Museum Gift Shop
- Assists in the purchase of merchandise for the Gift Shop; prices and displays merchandise
Traveling Exhibit Coordination
- Maintains a list of potential venues for traveling exhibits, provides marketing materials to potential venues, schedules traveling exhibits, and processes payments
What you should know:
- This is a part-time, 50% appointment
- This position will require weekend and evening work
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $14,454 (adjusted for 50% FTE).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be engaged. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- One year of general clerical, retail, or customer service experience, which included supervisory responsibilities, interacting with the public, and payment processing.
What you will need:
- English language proficiency, both oral and written
- Proficient in basic computer skills, such as email and use of the internet; and in Microsoft software, including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience working in a museum setting
- Retail supervisory experience
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 15, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11307.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10112 - Museum-Administration
Posting Date: Oct 8, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 15, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00740161