AV Field Service Technician
Allen Visual Systems is seeking a AV Field Service Technician for troubleshooting and repair of installed professional A/V systems. Candidate must be a team player who is organized, motivated, and flexible enough to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years' experience in the troubleshooting and repair of installed presentation systems consisting of AMX, Crestron, Extron control systems, BiAmp, ClearOne, or Polycom DSP based audio conference systems, projectors, flat panel displays, video walls and Cisco & Polycom video conference systems.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required:
- 1-2 years of experience in installation and commissioning of commercial AV systems
- InfoComm CTS certification required within 6 months of hire
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Basic Network Configuration)
- Excellent communication skills, (emails, reports, verbal)
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controllers, and other active and passive devices.
- Able to lead by example as a team member, and alone as an independent contributor as necessary.
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Self starter and self motivated
- Must be willing and able to climb a ladder and occasionally lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive and navigate around downtown Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Crestron installation experience.
- InfoComm CTS-I certification preferred.
- Audio DSP platform certifications preferred (Examples: Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom).
- Video processing platform certification preferred (Examples: Extron, Crestron, Extron).
- Control system platform certification preferred (Examples: AMX, Crestron, Extron).
- LAN network experience.
Allen Visual Systems is a leading solutions provider of audio & video telepresence conferencing systems, integrated multimedia presentation and digital signage systems. We provide design, engineering, sales, installation, service/maintenance and custom programming of high tech audio/video and control systems to the business, education, and government marketplace. Organizations of every size turn to Allen Visual Systems for state of-the art technology, engineering know how, and a wide array of products and services designed to handle virtually every kind of conference, audiovisual presentation, or collaboration need.
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 10:49:45 PDT