Design Engineer - Metal Fabrication company
Summary of Functions:
The Design Engineer reviews customer requirements, and then develops sketches and/or notations that communicate the customers' requirements on the drawing utilizing Mechanical drafting practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and evaluates manufacturing part layouts methods, utilizing knowledge of materials formation, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, and assembly methods.
Responsible for creating and updating standard customers' designs based on customers' requests.
Works in conjunction with Customer Service Department and production employees
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
2. Ability to address and manage engineering aspects and requirements of assigned projects.
3. Experienced in General Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) as per ANSI Y-14.5.
4. Proficient in AutoCAD, version equal or greater than 2005, and have Specific advanced Knowledge of 3D CAD software Applications such as Solid Works.
5. Advance Math which includes Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics, Mechanic's, and the use of calculators to perform complex calculations for error proofing/checking purposes.
6. Ability to read and write English.
7. Mechanically incline.
8. Advanced understanding of physical and mechanical properties of materials.
9. Ability to perform dynamic/static loads, creep modulus, fatigue, momentum, and Seismic calculations; derive own formulas to accommodate requirement's and applications.
10. Proficient in metal fabrication development layouts, assembly components, hardware attachments, welding symbols and procedures, and machining practices.
11. Follow written and verbal instructions.
12. Self motivated and a Team player
13. Be Proficient In Microsoft Office and Excel.
14. Have Excellent Organizational Skills.
15. Have Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
16. Willingness to work a flexible schedule as business necessitates.
17. Ensure Compliance With Company Policies and Procedures.
18. 5+ years experience in a fabrication/manufacturing environment.
Must be able to sit 6 - 8 hours a day
Must be able to walk 1 -2 hours a day
Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Must be able to work in front of a computer monitor for 6 - 8 hours at least
Ability to hear alarms and audibly identify dangers or hazards when seldom required to go to production areas.
USF Fabrication leads our industry with a unique combination of the most extensive line of products, best industry lead times and unparalleled service.
Featuring the largest engineering team in the industry, as well as two full-service manufacturing facilities in South Florida and Ogden, Utah with more than 150,000 total square-feet, we manufacture the most complete line of floor access doors. Our doors are available in aluminum, steel, steel galvanized and stainless steel for virtually any loading requirement including pedestrian, H20, direct traffic and 280psi aircraft loading.
We also manufacture a complete line of ladders, hoists, guide rail brackets and other items for the waste water industry, as well as drainage grating and miscellaneous metal fabrication.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental insurance, 401(k), and incentive bonus, etc. (upon meeting requirements). EEO / M / F / DV
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 12:23:57 PDT