General Responsibilities/Role Overview:
Under the direction of senior engineers, designs post-mold equipment and processes for new and/or existing projects.
- Interface with outside equipment builders and machine shops to design, research, source and assist in procurement and installation of equipment.
- Interface with project engineer, process engineer, industrial engineer
- Provide the quotations for post-mold new equipment
- Perform work cell design using lean principles to ensure efficiency, safety, and ergonomics
- Validate new manufacturing methods and equipment
- Evaluate equipment performance characteristics through operation, research and testing.
- Prepare engineering drawings (including 2D drawings) related to equipment and systems. Work with production floor personnel to review designs and take input from and incorporate it into the design when appropriate. Complete necessary document changes.
- Maintain equipment and trouble shoot equipment issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Develop PM program, spare parts and create work instructions for new equipment and processes.
- Properly balance automation complexity with program size or requirements to ensure manufacturability.
- Design equipment to match or exceed quoted cycle time/operator requirements.
- Support and enhance the ATG Strategic Capabilities.
- Responsible for the functionally related CMS-SE Operating Metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the Engineering field
- Proficiency in Pro-E
- Computer Literacy
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
CATAWBA VALLEY STAFFING
351 Sanford Dr
Morganton, NC 28655
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 05:07:42 PDT