Civil Project Engineer
Civil Project Engineer
Plans and conducts work requiring detailed knowledge, judgment and technical capabilities in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and can convey same in a technically accurate and efficient manner.
Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained and professionally licenses Engineer.
Must be competent with Civil Engineering resources such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, WaterGEMS, and other Engineering tools.
1. Assuring all engineering work performed by individual or under his direct supervision adheres to good engineering practice.
2. Handling preliminary design studies, project planning, layouts, and other activities which lead to the engineering of a project.
3. Consulting with clients, other engineers, architects, vendors, etc., as necessary to determine the most practical and desirable engineering design in keeping with the budget.
4. Preparing design criteria for engineering projects and equipment.
5. Selecting suitable materials and equipment in accordance with good engineering practices.
6. Preparing accurate estimates of planning, design work and other resources necessary to engineer a project.
7. Writing specifications for materials and equipment in a clear, concise manner.
8. Anticipating information needed and take the necessary action to obtain it.
9. Preparing detailed engineering designs in accordance with good engineering practice, including cost estimates and schedules, and in compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and restrictions.
10. Organizing, scheduling, and supervising the work of others so as to make the most efficient use of personnel and the allotted budget.
11. Effectively handle complex civil design and water resources projects and can efficiently utilize various company resources to accomplish the intended work.
12. Coordinating, supervising, checking, and assuming responsibility for all work done under his/her direction, including Engineer Associates, Designers, Drafters, and Technicians working on a project for which the Project Engineer is the Engineer of Record.
13. Coordinating work with that of other designers, architects, estimators, purchasing personnel, management, etc., involved in the project.
14. Completing work on time and within the allotted budget and resource estimate.
15. Marketing services to current and potential clients and participating in business development activities, providing completed project write-up's, and updated resume information as requested.
16. Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written with clients, regulators, public officials, team members and the public.
17. Following Company policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
18. On time and regular attendance
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements
1. A bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution; however, those who have passed the registration exam are exempt from the requirement to have this degree
2. Registration as a Professional Engineer
3. A minimum of five years of engineering experience, plus proficient with Civil 3D software.
4. Demonstrated capability to perform at this level.
5. The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the Industrial work force. We offer more than 100 years experience in matching the most qualified talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, our employees' success is our success.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 07:22:09 PDT