Director of Nursing Assisted Living
POSITION: Director of Nursing
RESPONSIBLE TO: Administrator or Executive Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Is accountable for the clinical product and customer satisfaction of the residents and family members. Duties to be performed shall include, but not be limited to:
• Has administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the functions, performance, employee evaluations on a timely basis and education of the nursing staff and others as assigned
• Responsible for maintenance of nursing service objectives, facility and departmental policies and procedures, standards of practice, methods of coordination of the nursing services with other disciplines and adherence to all state and federal requirements
• Assures that timely resident assessments for programming are completed. Initiates appropriate interventions. Assures that interventions are followed through upon.
• Participates in in-service education programs for nursing personnel and others as assigned
• Attends staff, in-service, and committee meetings as assigned. Leads or presents at such meetings.
• Assigns or delegates job responsibility to subordinates within the Restorative Department
• Performs quality assurance activities as assigned
• Completes chart audits on medical records along with the POC schedule to ensure completeness and compliance
• Develops and implements interventions to adverse situations in patient care or care delivery
• Maintains good relationships with residents, visitors and medical service providers. Enhances customer service and public relations internally and externally
• Maintains routine rapport with Executive Director/Administrator to ensure that they are kept up to date
• Participates in developing, revising, adapting, and implementing work techniques and methods for resolution of non-routine issues
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate resource utilization of supplies and equipment
• Works closely with other members of the nursing administration team to ensure proper care delivery and continuity within the organization
• Accepts floor assignment on any shift as needed in the nursing department
• Performs other duties as assigned
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must have experience and ability in problem solving, time management, work organizations, and priority setting. Must possess effective interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to deal with multiple distractions. Must be prepared for physical/mental/behavioral problems exhibited by residents. Must be alert to staff behavior around residents and co-workers/subordinates.
Brewster Parke is a family owned and operated senior living community that has been serving the Stark County area since 1976. We offer a complete continuum of care ranging from Independent Living to Skilled Nursing Care and everything in between.
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 08:55:56 PDT