Associate Network Consultant / Associate Network Engineer
Computer Network Engineer for Consulting Firm (for one of Chicago's Top I.T. Consulting Firms): Associate Level with High Upward Mobility Based on Work Ethic and Ability to Learn
We are the Nation's 129'th Largest MSP (built on Great People) - Please Keep This in Mind when Considering Your Career. Very Good Benefits - Solid Salaries that are commensurate with your skills, experience and education.
Agility view "Associate Level" as Intermediate to Very Proficient and/or coupled with desire to build needed skills: Current proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, Security, Network Design, VPN, Network Design, Switches, Routers, Web Certs
Associate Network Consultant: An Agility Associate Network Consultant**generally has 2-5 years of desktop and end-user support experience; excels at providing exceptional customer service and proficient in communicating with various levels of end users. An Associate Network Consultant will assist a team of seasoned Senior-level network consultants in delivering efficient and superior technical support to the Agility clients they are assigned. Agility's overall goals, while rooted in the technical realm, extend past the technical realm into business-advisory; to help clients understand, implement, and be empowered to reach their business goals through the selection, use, and management of technology. One of the central roles in this endeavour, each time, is to ensure that all of the client*s needs are met with the best-fit solutions, in time, effectiveness, cost, and that the client is empowered and involved in their solutions to the degree that best meets their needs.
Find Out More About Agility:
What Sets Agility Apart is outside the scope of the description of the job but to those that are looking for a long-term position and a great place for a career, click here to find out how our computer network services make us one of the top I.T. consulting firms in Chicago
Purpose of Job:
To provide our small and medium business clients with expert technical support and customer service rooted in consulting, management, implementation and innovation for their Information Technology needs; from strategy to execution and all points in between. Job Responsibilities Chicago based consulting, managed services, application development, and SEO/SEM company is seeking Associate Level Computer Network Consultants for the consulting/managed services department of Agility to assist managing and maintaining several assigned clients' I.T. needs and day-to-day relationships at the direction of a Senior Network Consultant. Our professionals understand the tight dependency between technology and business operations, combining a deep technical understanding of industry standard network infrastructure(s), technical solution trends now and on the horizon, importance and challenges of long term client relationships, and trusting in peers and colleagues as resources for executing job duties. Consultants are able to communicate and operate at both high and low technical levels. Build a professional rapport between clients and Agility. Be accountable and interested in the full life cycle of on-going client management. Participate in new client engagement activities. Drive the importance of manageable and stable IT environments. Document effectively and thoroughly clients' systems for information sharing and team involvement and support. Become knowledgeable on clients' businesses and processes to best manage and innovate in their operational interest. Further, be actively involved in Agility's internal activities, meetings, surveys and culture. Share knowledge, discoveries, ideas, challenges and solutions with peers and managers. Direct your career and consultative skills through collaboration, observation, training, periodicals, seminars, conferences etc, You will be a part of a group of professionals that are all influencers on how we conduct business internally and externally, and all work to form the future of the firm as a whole.
Required skills and attributes
- Proficient to expert abilities in Window Server & Client Operating Systems in production networking environments, to date.
- Proficient to expert abilities in hardware and remote access:* Business Class Servers, Workstations, Notebooks, Tablets, Mobile Devices, Thin-Clients, Terminal (Remote) Services, Troubleshooting, WAPs, print and imaging devices and solutions, UPS, environmental management, data back-up/restoration.
- Solid understanding of networking and troubleshooting at all layers of the IP stack.
- Proficient to expert in virus, malware, and end-point security technologies.
- Proficient abilities in Active Directory, DNS, Security, Network Design, VPN,
- Familiar in secure remote connectivity solutions, VPN, Private circuits, Firewalls, Switches, routers, MPLS, RPC/HTTPS, SSL, web certs. Etc
- Beginner to proficient abilities in MS Exchange 2003 to 2010
- Proficient with mobile messaging technologies
- Familiar with MS SQL and other database platforms (Agility's Applications Solutions Group handles items beyond the foundation/infrastructure of such solutions)
- Beginner to proficient in Virtualization, NAS, SAN, shared storage, blade chassis utilization.
- Proficient in Managed Services concepts and technology, centralized management and monitoring. Experience with a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) toolset a plus.
- Disaster recovery planning and solutions.
- Understanding of Cloud computing, SaaS, hosted systems
- Comfortable and confident as sales support / inside sales engineer (this is not a sales position; sales support/initial engagement help only).
- Able to build professional relationships with C-level and end-user contacts at clients.
- Desire to work closely with peers, managers, and clients to elevate your business and technical acumen (which includes exchanging ideas, thoughts, peer-review, etc.).
- Ability to give constructive criticism to peers, managers and sometimes clients.
- Provide potential solutions along with discovered or created problems
- Manage difficult professional social situations calmly and tactfully.
- Willing to continue to train, educate peers, have a desire to constantly find better, more efficient ways to bring value to yourself, peers, clients, and clients' I.T. systems.
- Desire to learn and maintain technical certifications offered and supported by Agility.
- Share knowledge through developing training or presenting to peers and clients.
MCITP and/or current Microsoft equivalent certification and specializations.
CCNA and specializations
VCP and specializations
Familiarity with Macintosh in a networked environment, and or ACSP, ACTC, ACS
Familiar to proficient in MS SharePoint
Please no phone calls, the process we have in place is expeditious and fair. Include your name in the title of your resume/cover letter document if able
Apply through the steps on this site.
Barring solid steps on the site: go to http://www.agilitynetworks.com and go to the 'About Us''Careers' Section (a form is there for immediate processing of your resume)
Things that are very helpful and expedite your resume:
A Cover Letter with description (even if short) of how you see yourself fitting into Agility
Put your resume into PDF format with your name in the title of the PDF file.
main website: www.agilitynetworks.com
West Chicago, IL
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 14:08:22 PDT