Guidewire® Project Manager 201601111_003
*Corp to Corp is not accepted
Guidewire® Project Manager (G-PM) supports Guidewire® PolicyCenter and BillingCenter production systems and teams. G-PM must, at all times, exhibit refined and seasoned project management skills. Must possess an effective style to monitor and verify accountability and transparency of project team activity while providing concise and useful progress reporting throughout the software development life cycle to all stakeholders.
Specifically, G-PM plans and executes periodic software releases based on critical needs and feature prioritization, thus requiring G-PM to maintain functional and technical understanding of key factors necessary for synergizing imminent and extended team members toward successful outcomes. G-PM must essentially balance production support with application development, assuring timely achievement of milestones within budgetary and quality parameters.The PM
- Manages (#) production support team(s)
- Collaborates with other PM(s) with (#) other teams to (a) resolve defects and (b) implement change requests to policy processing and billing systems on the Guidewire® platform
- Leads daily scrums and designated meetings
- Assists in focusing team and stakeholders on high priorities/critical issues while balancing new issue triage
- Ensures team follows production support and all enterprise processes, including comprehensive documentation of design, diagnostic and remediation activity
- Plans work assignments with the portfolio master plan to scheduled milestones and releases.
Business environment is dynamic, balancing (one, multiple) systems with schedule and emergency releases. Each production release is treated as a project with a plan, managing scope, handling changes, determining solutions, development and testing. Development tasks are planned with a minimum 4-week horizon. Team size(s) is/are (#) members consisting of BA, developer, tester and architect professionals. Some resources maybe off-shore, subcontracted, direct employees, or a combination thereof.
- Proven track record of technical and project leadership on DLC projects more than 20K hours.
- Highly self-motivated and takes initiative, addressing issues as soon as they are identified.
- Determines and utilizes the most effective communication method (email, meetings, etc.) to move work forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication with both technical and business staff.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Ability to meet tight timelines
- Highly skilled coordinator of diagnostic and defect removal for SDLC project.
- Proactively identifies issues, assesses risks, and resolves or mitigates them effectively.
- Strong affinity to create and enforce new processes and streamline existing processes in an agile framework.
- Strong team builder
- Highly organized and efficient at capacity planning
- Facilitates team decision- making on recommend courses of action.
- Insurance project experience
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledge of Clarity PPM
- Knowledge of Guidewire®
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
- Knowledge of Clarity Project and Portfolio Manager or similar tool
EXACTA Corporation is a provider of Talent Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 and SMB companies, government agencies, and non-profits. Operating divisions include talent and vendor services, commercial software based on CRM as ERP, and EXACTAcademy. Fundamentally, EXACTA is committed to the professional success of talented individuals looking for progressive career advancement.
With 16 offices nationwide, EXACTA's dedicated talent professionals genuinely care about your career, including sponsored continuing education and professional certifications. EXACTA is an equal opportunity employer with specific initiatives for veterans and under-represented minorities in IT and STEM.
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 15:14:27 PDT