Construction Superintendent (various locations)
BES Design/Build is filling several new Superintendent positions. These individuals can be based near our offices in Alabama, Tennesee or South Carolina, and must be willing to travel as project needs dictate. The individuals will be responsible for the construction of new and/or renovation projects, with a focus on mechanical and plumbing trades, at VA Hospitals located throughout the US. The Superintendent, with the support of the Project Manager will need to be proficient in the following, and in some cases need to assist "hands on" with installation of piping, duct work and equipment:
- Responsible for managing daily operations, quality of work and manpower on a specific project.
- Must have OSHA 30 Certification and pass TB Test annually.
- Previous working experience leading the mechanical and plumbing trades.
- Proficient computer skills needed to supervise, coordinate and provide support for the on site team, our subcontractors, daily reports, electronic time cards, etc.
- Perform accurate and detailed layout, assembly and installation of hydronic systems and equipment.
- Perform accurate and detailed layout, assembly and installation of HVAC ductwork and equipment.
- Coordinate all subcontractors to ensure timely project completion.
- Coordinate and confirm piping and sheet metal material takeoffs.
- Manage quality of systems installed.
- Manage and schedule manpower.
- Maintain project schedule.
- Manage and ensure compliance with safety program.
- Maintain excellent customer and vendor relationships.
Will need to ensure that all safety guidelines are being followed. Must possess strong mathematics skills, knowledge of construction methods and materials and problem-solving ability. Must have experience using Microsoft Excel, project repositors software (Procore, Prolog, etc.) and other computer software programs. Leadership skills, effective oral communication and the ability to interpret blueprints and technical drawings are also necessary. Experience in construction and supervising teams of workers is required. Salary commensurate with experience. The candidate must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Qualified candidates may reply to this ad with a resume and salary requirements.
BES Design/Build was selected by INC 500 in 2014 as number 20 of the top 500 fastest growing private companies in the US. We are a true design/build firm with in-house architects, engineers and construction team members. We are a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that focuses on Federal and State contracts with primary support for the Veterans Affairs and other governmental agencies. We are currently working, or have worked, at many of the Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and have completed governmental office building renovations throughout the US and Puerto Rico. We currently have offices in AL, AR, TN and SC.
We offer the full suite of benefits to our full-time employees which include health, vision dental, disability and life insurance and a generously matched 401K plan. The Company also provides ample opportunity for rest and relaxation with paid time off days and 8.5 paid holidays each calendar year.
EOE/ADA. No recruiters or phone calls.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship to be considered.
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 09:19:57 PDT