- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or Ship Constructor.
- Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares original rough layouts, sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning group such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications.
- Exclude classifications in which incumbents predominantly perform drafting assignments.
- Successful candidate will possess an extensive knowledge in specialized functions and a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision. Work may be done without established procedures.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees and will often be designated as lead worker. Typical duties and tasks are varied and complex.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communication.
- Specific duties for Fleet Sustainment Engineering include but are not limited to the development and implementation of Ship Change Documents (SCDs), initiation, development, and review of technical drawings, processing of change paper, supporting technical analyses of mechanical systems, supporting preparation of special studies, and cognizance of specific marine systems and ship alterations.
High school and seven (7) years related design experience or Associates Degree (or other 2 year technical degree) in related discipline and three (3) years of design experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be used in lieu of degree.
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the Industrial work force. We offer more than 100 years experience in matching the most qualified talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, our employees' success is our success.
Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:13:52 PDT