eShow is a global leader in event management and production solutions located in South Barrington, IL.. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable event experiences with tremendous impact to our Clients. As our company continues to grow, it is equally important to grow our team with the right talent that can make their own impact.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY / SUMMARY
To demonstrate the highest work, team and personal integrity as you take full leadership and ownership of assigned clientele and assist them to build out their events and programs within eShow's show management system. Through strategic consulting and seamless communication, event managers lead each event from contract to successful execution. Both eShow and the client must have complete trust in your abilities and must feel comfortable integrating you into the clients' internal team.
The details below outline our ideal requirements for an Event Manager. Candidates with lesser experience will not be considered at this time
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates effective multi-task/multi-client management
• Strong analysis and judgment skills
• Works well in a team environment
• Handles escalation issues and manages to de-escalation
• Manages project through additional team members from EC, IT and Graphical team on projects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily interface between company and client on owned programs
• Conduit to management of event and operational success
• Understand event cycles, customer needs, and creates a customer / partner relationship
• Financial budget accountability to department / company and client
• Coordination, preparation and compilation of data / information for customers
• Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
• Conceptualize and lead strategic client event cycle
• Add vision and creativity to client event life cycle
• Mentor and guide junior level peers to assist in professional development
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Maintains industry knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing related publications; establishing networks
• Participate in development of new product lines, modification of existing product lines
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Meetings and Communications:
You will be in charge of driving the planning process with your clients. You will need a firm understanding of the overall planning process and the deliverables included in the event scope, Your measurements for success will include:
• Main client contact for event, funneling all team communication through you
• Drive, set, lead and recap weekly client meetings, including agenda creation, action items, and appropriate timelines and deadlines
• Set day-to-day expectations with client with clear and concise communication
• Provide appropriate documentation via educational electronic copy, webex screen share meetings, physical face to face visit on an ongoing basis to ensure that we are providing progress on our deliverables in a timely fashion.
Project Plan & timelines
You will be in charge of spearheading the appropriate documentation for the planning process on each of your events, and communicating this to our clients and internal team members. Thorough attention to detail is paramount in this role. Your measurements for success will include:
• Heavy use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Development of attainable timelines for each event
• Continual communication with your team on the ongoing development of these communication tools, using eShow best practices
• Ongoing communication of these deliverables to your clients, including driving the overall event timeline
As an Event Manager, you will need a strong understanding of the following event management functions, and how they are best managed to success, so that you can provide strong consultation to our clients and support to your teammates. At any given time physically own any one or more of these deliverables for a client as well.
• Facility management
o Electrical - Confirming the appropriate needs with to the client within the venue
o Internet - May include acting as the coordinator between your clients and the venue, and/or the 3rd party internet provider. Typically client will take eShow's needs and execute with venue/provider.
• Production coordination
o Liaise between our Event Production department, the client, and the venue.
• Sleeping Room Block
o Industry-level understanding of the contractual terms around hotel sleeping rooms, including attrition, arrival and departure dates.
o Rooming list management for eShow personnel whom attend with you.
• Site Inspections
o Plan the organization, communication and management of client site inspections if necessary.
o Drive and attend site inspections, provide consultation to client
• Creative/Design Management
o Work with our eShow Creative Services Team, as needed by client
• Onsite Coordination
o Travel and provide onsite coordination as needed for program or by the division
• Other - as needed by the program or the division
o Additional event logistics may include temporary staffing, airfare coordination with travel agent, shipping, sourcing and training onsite coordinator staff.
Proven organizational and time management skills
• Utilize professional and appropriate system to organize day and related tasks
• Solid management of each working day, ability to prioritize projects
• Accomplishment, or appropriate delegation, of daily tasks
• Foresee schedule and be proactive to planning for all tasks, and communicating expectations and timing with colleagues
• Successfully manage multiple clients and projects, often with competing deadlines
Manageability and cooperation
• Be trained by educational team and or supervisor in efficient and cooperative manner
• Adapt to company and/or department changes with positive professional behavior
• Approach supervisor in productive, solutions-oriented manner when faced with challenges
• Self-driven, taking initiative to source the appropriate resources and tools with limited direction
• Ability to receive constructive input and redirection with a positive attitude and put it into action
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, exhibiting professionalism at all times
• Willingness to listen and collaborate in a team environment, working together to solve challenges
• Strong attention to detail, to ensure that the shared understanding remains consistent
Lead by example
• Maintain professional behavior when communicating with peers, vendors and clients
• Provide strong recommendations, based on your experience
• Step in and provide support when peers are out of office
• Be solutions oriented - this includes approaching supervisor with issues and recommended solution, rather than issues alone
• Foster an environment of mutual respect, treating others as you would like to be treated
• Utilize discretion when addressing any challenges, working with your manager, rather than creating a negative work environment
• Demonstrate positive professional behavior towards company and division 24/7, show support for company decisions, managers and peers
• Maintain a service-oriented attitude, supporting our company culture that is focused on customer success
• Excellent problem solving capabilities, without having to rehash issues, or point finger of blame, just work toward solutions
• Shared sense of responsibility - "we" versus "me"
Outstanding team player
• Be attentive to everyone's work load and assist where you can, proactively
• Work closely with others to ensure timely completion of their tasks, assisting them when necessary
• Participate in staff meetings with helpful and productive contributions
• Be flexible and willing to help out in any area of the company, even when not directly related to your job description
Respect of company policies and procedures
• Manage schedule so as to not work extensive hours
• When it is necessary to work long hours, ability to do so with positive professional behavior and demonstrated dedication to position and client
• Follow company policies as outlined in the Employee Manual
• 5-7 years of experience in event industry
• 3-4 years of previous project and/or client management experience
• Experience as a self-directed second-level manager
• Excellent computer and technology skills
• Solid experience with logistics involved with event planning and ability to drive and manage a client
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
• Strong project management expertise
• Expert in customer service
• Expert people skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution
• General knowledge of accounting and financial data, at a minimum
• Ability to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based upon your findings
• Strong influence-management, negotiation, leadership and assertiveness skills.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to comfortably articulate oneself to decision makers at a variety of levels.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
For over 20 years, eShow has been an essential part in the planning and management of over 2500 events worldwide. Our goal is not to just provide our clients with the tools for their event; it is to drive them to innovate on how they promote, sell, manage and implement their events.
We help our clients work smarter, from the first glimmer of a new idea, to the last few anticipated hours before show time, to the post-event planning for next year. We strive to build long-term success stories with clients, not high-priced or gimmick-priced, one-shot deals.
No matter the size of the event, the eShow umbrella has it covered with a complete range of event management solutions. eShows suite of web-based products covers registration, exhibitor and floor plan management, AMS integration, mobile apps, meeting logistics, housing, banquets, websites, abstract review, session tracking, lead retrieval and more.
South Barrington, IL
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 06:08:09 PDT