Guest Service Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for managing the visitor access/hospitality experience of the Museum and Aquarium. The Guest Services Manager is responsible for implementing policies and procedures that promote a positive visitor experiences from the start of the guest experience to when guests depart the Wonders of Wildlife including parking, greeting, ticketing, scanning, way finding, scooter/strollers, lockers, information desk and docents that provide guest engagement at various exhibits throughout the Wonders of Wildlife. Also responsible for coordinating with the Museum and Aquarium Food & Beverage, Merchandise and Photo Upsell partners to ensure that all areas are working cooperatively to provide an excellent guest experience.
- Interview and hire new personnel as necessary to adequately staff paid and volunteer roles. Train staff on all departmental functions as well as company policies.
- Provide frequent and consistent feedback to the Guest Services team to assure superior customer service and all policies and procedures are being followed. Handle disciplinary action as necessary and according to company policy and procedure.
- Sets departmental goals and motivates employees on the Museum and Aquarium's mission and goals.
- Oversee proper cash handling procedures. Perform daily cash audit functions for cash tender types (back up position). Research discrepancies as necessary and inform finance when appropriate.
- Coordinate Guest Services response and facility activity aspects of special events (openings of temporary exhibits, seasonal promotions, education programs, donor recognition receptions, NHFDay etc.) with event planner.
- Monitor social media and internal guest comments, ideas, and complaints in a proactive manner.
- Provide excellent customer service, making exceptions to company policies as appropriate to satisfy guests' needs.
- Trains staff on POS system as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge - Requires excellent communication skills, in addition to professional telephone skills. Knowledge of ticketing POS systems essential with Blackbaud ALTRU preferred. Knowledge of basic computer programs and applications is essential. High school diploma or GED required; a bachelor's degree in a business or hospitality-related field preferred. 5 years of experience working in the tourism, hospitality, retail or customer service field required.
Mental - Requires a high degree of concentration and attention to detail. Requires the ability to professionally and persuasively address multiple audiences.
Physical - Requires walking/standing; lifting, stooping, forward bending, crouching and sitting. Requires weekends and Holidays.
Environmental - Requires capability of performing essential job functions in both an office environment and a retail environment with climate control and good lighting.
Manual Dexterity - Requires ability to operate telephones, cash registers, computer keyboards and other general office equipment.
Audible - Requires the ability to communicate verbally with customer and co-workers in person and via the telephone.
Visual - Requires the ability to operate equipment including computers, and to read written, complex instructions and other documentation.
From the visionary mind of noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, the all-new Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium is one of the largest, most immersive wildlife attractions in the world. Primarily funded and operated by the nonprofit Johnny Morris Foundation, Wonders of Wildlife consists of an all-new 1.5-million-gallon aquarium adventure showcasing 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles and birds, and an immersive wildlife museum that brings visitors eye-to-eye with the greatest collection of record-setting game animals ever assembled. The 300,000-square foot experience celebrates people who hunt, fish, and act as stewards of the land and water. Wonders of Wildlife is located adjacent to Bass Pro Shops National Headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. For more information visit wondersofwildlife.org.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 08:46:31 PDT