Director of Human Resources (Physician Group Experience Required)
The Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for leading the HR function, aligning HR strategies and serving as a trusted advisor and advocate for the physician group. The person in this position will provide workforce solutions for complex or critical issues and HR implications of changing physician group needs. Serves as liaison to the Health System resources for compensation analysis, benefits, recruitment, and employee engagement.
The Director demonstrates strong leadership skills, a sense of urgency, and is proactive in their approach. The person will demonstrate highly effective decision making, judgment, communication, and modeling of the Health System mission, Trusted Network of Caring and values of the HR Division. The Director will work in a matrix relationship and enjoys an extremely flexible, "high-change" environment with a proven ability to connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire success, and create extraordinary ideas and solutions.
- Develop and sustain relationships with physician group leadership team. Serve as an advisor and strategic partner.
- Partners with leadership to design and implement organization's structures, people strategies and organization interventions that drive the execution of the business strategy and organizational/workforce effectiveness.
- Provides leadership and consultation to senior leaders on reinforcing culture, setting goals, developing policy and implementing strategic objectives.
- Coordinates provider recruitment, orientation and onboarding activities through collaboration with the provider contracting team.
- Supports managers in understanding talent acquisition processes, participates in key managerial recruitment process, coaches and develops managers on behavioral based interview skills and candidate quality.
- Coordinates all temporary and contract labor activities.
- Supports succession planning for the physician group as well as collaborates with colleagues on workforce solutions across the physician enterprise.
- In conjunction with the provider contracting team and the physician group leadership, develop and continually update a 5-year strategic plan for physician recruitment.
- Leads the provider and team member engagement process and activities.
- Execution of total rewards processes; drive wellness and recognition progress; provides input and feedback to the CHRO regarding rewards from a medical group perspective.
- Supports the provider compensation efforts to develop compensation programs that serve the strategic AMG goals.
- Coaches and provides feedback to managers and team members. Supports the performance management cycle including performance plans, individual development plans and reviews.
- Through the medical group, the health system or externally identified organizational development resources, the Director of HR defines programs to enhance employee and leadership skills. Promotes learning and development offerings and utilization of tools.
- Maintains an open, trusting environment and establishes a presence to promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Consult with physician group leadership on human resources concerns to manage business, labor and legal risk, while supporting employee engagement and performance management.
- Provide support and consultation on provider and team member relations, consulting with medical staff leadership and legal where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the HR leadership teams engaged in the development and updating of HR related policies, procedures, workflows, tools and action plans. Recommend and implement new/revised policies, procedures, guidelines and training materials that is consistent with the values of the physician group and supports the compliance that is applicable with regulatory accreditation requirements.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values and Trusted Network of Caring
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration or a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Five years of recent, progressively responsible HR leadership experience and recent experience in a large physician group setting or other healthcare environment.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Exeter Group is a healthcare talent management firm that advances the goal of greater cultural competency within your organization by providing talent acquisition, leadership and organizational development solutions for your workforce and MWBE supplier base.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:24:23 PDT