Director of Marketing & Development
POSITION PURPOSE: Reports to the Executive Director, is responsible for the overall marketing, sales, communications and development functions.
- Develop and implement a marketing and sales plan that includes goals, objectives, strategies and schedules for all aspects of marketing, sales, communications and development. Areas of responsibility include advertising, communications, public relations, digital marketing, promotions, social media, group sales, event sales and tourism sales and fundraising.
- Ensure that all admission revenue and attendance goals are met and exceeded.
- Develop and execute brand and positioning strategies. Partner with Bass Pro Marketing leaders on strategies, initiatives, and goals to create marketing messages for maximum impact.
- Accountable for ensuring consistent positioning across all departments and in all communication channels. Ensure messaging is integrated including website and digital content, publications, blogs, traditional and social media, e-mail communications and advertising.
- Ensure all marketing and communications are aligned with and support the Wonders of Wildlife mission, vision, values and conservation initiatives.
- Provide strong, consistent and inspired leadership to the sales, marketing, communications and development teams.
- Identify, build and manage key relationships with Bass Pro Marketing, Communications and Fundraising staff, advertising agencies, public relations firms, vendors, designers, and research firms to leverage resources. Work in coordination with the Wonders of Wildlife leadership team to assure marketing support for fundraising, education, conservation programs and other revenue efforts.
- Develop and manage cooperative marketing strategies and alliances with Bass Pro, industry and promotional partners.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives and adjust plans and budgets as needed.
- Identify and, as needed, test new opportunities to build revenue and enhance market position to grow attendance and sales.
- Develop and manage marketing, sales, communications and fundraising budgets.
- Oversee research regarding customer satisfaction, demographic analysis and market measurement. Monitors feedback from internal surveys and social media postings (Trip Advisor, Yelp, Face Book, etc to help the leadership team to make necessary operational adjustments to deliver exceptional guest service.
- Serve as a member of the Museum and Aquarium's Senior Leadership Team.
- Assumes a leadership role in statewide and regional organizations including tourism industry groups, sales organizations, AZA and IAAPA so that the Museum and Aquarium's interests are well represented.
- Delivers extraordinary customer service to all museum and aquarium guests and internal customers. Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned.
Knowledge: This position requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in marketing that includes management experience, business planning, and market research. Additional skills necessary include excellent verbal, written, and multi-tasking skills in addition to teamwork collaboration. Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field. Also requires demonstrated ability with principles and procedures involved with electronic, internet and print media; standard English language usage, punctuation, journalistic styles, both print and broadcast, as well as basic graphic design principles.
Abilities: Effectively develop, plan, organize, administer and supervise departmental activities; learn principles, processes and purposes of a non- profit organization; maintain a flexible work schedule; effectively make decisions; utilize sound independent judgment in preparing recommendations and formulating policies; negotiate effectively; establish and maintain good working relationships with subordinates and other Museum and Aquarium employees; perform effectively as a member of a team in carrying out the Museum and Aquarium stated mission and philosophy.
Mental: Requires a high degree of concentration and attention to detail in addition to creative inclinations.
Physical: Requires walking/standing/sitting; infrequent lifting or strenuous physical movement. Occasional evening and weekend work and travel are required.
Environmental: Requires capability of performing job functions in established office environment under normal lighting and climate control tolerances.
Manual Dexterity: Requires ability to operate personal computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, and other general office equipment and to record written information and drive a vehicle.
Audible: Requires the ability to communicate verbally with customers, distributors, key contacts and internal departments in person and via telephone.
Visual: Requires the ability to read written documentation and reports, operate office equipment such as computers and printers, and drive a vehicle.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements.
From the visionary mind of noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, the all-new Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium is one of the largest, most immersive wildlife attractions in the world. Primarily funded and operated by the nonprofit Johnny Morris Foundation, Wonders of Wildlife consists of an all-new 1.5-million-gallon aquarium adventure showcasing 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles and birds, and an immersive wildlife museum that brings visitors eye-to-eye with the greatest collection of record-setting game animals ever assembled. The 300,000-square foot experience celebrates people who hunt, fish, and act as stewards of the land and water. Wonders of Wildlife is located adjacent to Bass Pro Shops National Headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. For more information visit wondersofwildlife.org.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 08:02:24 PDT