This is position is in La Grande, Oregon. Applicant must be willing to relocate within a reasonable time, and the company offers a relocation package to qualified applicants.
Position Tasks & Activities:
• Monitors and directs all store operations.
• Investigates all accidents.
• Monitors store performance through daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports.
• Develops plans to improve store performance.
• Coordinators with the Director of Operations for the smooth operation of the business.
• Coordinates interviewing and hiring of employees with department manager.
• Assists department manager in mediating employee disputes.
• Evaluates department manager's job performance per company policy.
• Reviews employee job performance reviews.
• Discusses employee work and vacation schedules with department managers.
• Develops and monitors the employee training program.
• Communicates store performance to General Manager.
• Research all safety violations and maintain separate files on each violation.
• Adhere and assure to company policies & procedures.
• Approves merchandise stocking level with General Manager.
• Review inventory reports.
• Review store advertising and promotions with General Manager.
• Forecast income, expense and equipment usage.
• Verify credit of new accounts.
• Review department expenses with appropriate managers.
• Prepare a strategic plan for the store.
• Maintain insurance and bonding policies.
• Maintain quality control standards.
• File police reports on lost or stolen equipment.
• Maintain government safety requirements for store and yard.
• Responsible for store's security system and maintenance.
• Supervise maintenance and housekeeping of the facility.
• Assume employee responsibilities when needed.
• Report safety violations to General Manager.
• Network with other industry professionals.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
• Represent branch at management meetings.
• Conduct branch and safety meetings.
• Attend branch and safety meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To train, supervise and direct the activities of subordinates. Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive opinions concerning day to day activities. Establish a storewide atmosphere that promotes customer service.
Most work will be indoors with limited exposure to outside elements. The job requires constant interaction with internal staff and the public. Knowledge of computer systems to gather and analyze essential information for the future of the business is important. Must be able to quickly understand and resolve problems.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
• Must have five years of management experience.
• Background in construction or sales is preferred.
• Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Must possess sales and customer relation skills.
• Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Must speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
• Must be able to pass company drug screen.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
• Must be able to train and direct activities of subordinates.
• Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: General Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Corwin Co Inc is the parent company of Eastern Oregon Rental & Sales (EORS) and NW Construction Supply (NWCS). It is a family owned business operating out of La Grande, Oregon for more than 25 years.
Eastern Oregon Rental & Sales offers the areas most extensive line of aerial work platforms and all terrain forklifts in Eastern Oregon. Over the years, EORS has increased its inventory of equipment to meet the needs of our customers in the Northeast Oregon and Southeast WA.
Recently, Corwin Co Inc added NW Construction Supply to it's family of businesses. Through NWCS, we are able to offer an extensive line of construction building supplies, including stucco, pipe, concrete & accessories and other contractor tools.
EORS has increased its inventory of equipment to meet the needs the of our customers. We have the largest selection of equipment in Eastern Oregon - Baker City, La Grande and Pendleton, Oregon.
We know how valuable your time is as a contractor preparing bids, budgets to balance and deadlines to meet. As a supplier we know we can be a resource to you to get you the products that you need to make your job successful. We supply everything from sitework materials all the way through to finish coatings. If there is a product you need that is not on our website, do not hesitate to call us, email us or drop by one of our stores. We welcome your requests and will use our resources to find the product you need and get it to you in a timely manner.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:33:38 PDT