Fire Alarm Designer/Drafter CAD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires a consistent experienced demonstration in design of integration systems such as Structured Cabling, Security (FA, Intrusion, CCTV and Access Control), Audio/Visual and Public Address. Duties will consist of providing a well detailed set of installation drawings to our field personnel and management. This will include but not be limited to keeping track of the projects from beginning to end. Taking ownership of the project once a project has been assigned to you. Assisting Engineering manager as required.
Candidate must possess strong oral and written skills in order to be able to communicate with management, peers, field personnel, and customers at times. Possess the ability to make well balanced decisions, provide good quality work, and work independently. Employee must be able to follow direction, be resourceful and dependable. Must comprehend building plans and drawings with the ability to understand the scope of work in order to develop a well set of installation drawings based on contract documents and specifications.
Skills / Requirements
Required skills, Knowledge and Professional Experience
This position will possess and display a strong level of systems knowledge, and experience in the following:
- Knowledge in the latest version of CAD (3D preferred)
- Knowledge in Fire Alarm, PA & Audio/Visual.
- Knowledge of ANSI TIA/EIA Standards
- Knowledge of Structured cable premise distribution systems.
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Participate in kick off meetings; attend site visits with project managers in order to understand project scope and provide a more accurate design.
- Continually inform supervisors and project managers of potential issues with project design.
- Communication Skills - Excellent communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; provides accurate and informative documentation to office personnel.
- Planning/Organization - Excellent time management, organizational, plan work activities, set goals and objectives, develops realistic action plans, and on time completions.
- Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to management direction, and keep commitments.
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improvement, develop innovative approaches and ideas, present ideas and information in a manner that holds others attention.
- Recent local (Southern California) experience
Required Software Knowledge
Education: NICET Level I (Preferred)
- AutoCAD (3D preferred)
- Visio (preferred)
- MS Office Suite
Founded in Los Angeles in 1977, Telenet VoIP, Inc. is a leading provider of high-quality design and installation of integrated systems. These systems include Fire, Burglar, CCTV, Access Control, Public Address, Audio/Visual, Phone Systems, Mass Notification, DAS, Structured Cabling and various other Low Voltage systems.
Telenet Voip specializes in the Educational and Municipal vertical markets, as well as selected private commercial work. Please visit our website for some of our completed and ongoing projects.
El Segundo, CA
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 08:51:02 PDT