Responsible for supervising, prioritizing, scheduling and delegating work load to the appropriate truck/ trailer mechanic based on company needs and available resources. You will oversee, maintain and update all inventory systems; workplace safety compliances & OSHA requirements related to the shop. This position involves attention to detail, ability to work cohesively with your immediate supervisor and drivers.
• Open, manage and ensure efficient work flow and completion of work orders. This includes but is not limited to:
• Audit mechanics written work orders, identify missing and or inaccurate information and correcting.
• Verify that all work noted on the work order was performed on the vehicle
• Enter corrected work orders into TMW order entry system.
• Report damaged equipment, create estimates/Invoices and charge backs if necessary.
• Evaluate vendors for best cost and service.
• Organize, maintain and evaluate appropriate inventory levels to prevent out of stock events while operating in an effective and efficient manner
• Communicate any performance problems with suppliers to management through organizational channels
• Track all parts/material issued or removed from stock to maintain inventory levels and correctly identify and record associated financial information.
• Maintain material / parts inventory information such as databases, records, etc., entering such data changes as issues, returns, receiving.
• Conducts periodic inventories and audits of usage in compliance with documentation procedures and requirements of the company.
• A solid understanding of parts, service & maintenance of class 8 tractors and 53' dry van trailers is preferred.
• The ability to react as a professional in adverse conditions regarding scheduling and driver complaints is a must.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Bi-Lingual a plus but not mandatory
• Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel along with a willingness and aptitude to learn new software programs as required.
• Communicate respectfully to drivers, co-workers and upper management.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, life, Aflac & 401k.
We are a National Transportation Company with roots in Southern California for more than 30 years. We are proud of the work we have done in FLT and LTL business and have a need to support our growing team.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 08:53:18 PDT