Construction Project Engineer
Duties include but not limited to:
The Project Engineer is accountable to the Project Manager in all matters concerning project operations.
The Project Engineer supports the project team with technical aspects of the job administration at the direction of the Project Manager and/or Superintendent. It is the Engineer's responsibility to administer project control as assigned.
The Project Engineer will work closely with the Project Manger to ensure all projects stay on schedule and on budget. Ensure all documentation between the Subcontractors and Project Administration is collected and processed in a timely manner. Oversee and support the Project Manager in keeping all project logs up to date. Ensure that submittals are obtained, reviewed and approved, and that materials and equipment are released for fabrication in time for delivery as required at jobsite. Support the Project Manager in overseeing new project bids (follow up, collecting bids, establishing relationships with estimators, etc.) Support the Project Manager in new project start up documentation and setting up standard files, etc. Facilitate the RFI process as directed by the Project Manager and Superintendent. Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in obtaining and submitting As-Built drawings, guarantees, warranties, and required operating instructions. Support Project Manager in obtaining all closeout documentation from the subcontractors in a timely manner as per the Project Specifications. Staying in communication with all Project Staff and supporting as needed.
Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook a Must (Microsoft Project preferred)
- Medical construction experience a plus
- Adobe and/or Blue beam preferred
-1-3 years' experience as a Construction Project Engineer
- Knowledge of construction documents (RFI's, Submittals, Contracts, etc.)
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
- Strong Communication skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors
- Strong computer skills
- Able to support as well as delegate responsibility as needed
- Ability to work well under pressure and bounce back and forth between projects with ease
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
-Detail oriented and dependable.
At Morris Construction, we believe that every successful project is a collaborative effort of team members. From design, owner, tenant and contractor. If you like building and working in a team oriented environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
We believe rewards are not merely handed out, rather they are earned through performance and dedication to the projects at hand. Responsibility, challenge, enjoyment, a supportive work environment and a competitive compensation package awaits the right candidate.
Newport Beach, CA
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:58:58 PDT