Executive Administrative Assistant
Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Department: AVC/Dean of Students
Date Posted: 04/14/2017
Position Information: The Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs organization encompasses more than 40 departments that provide various student services to UCR student population in order to cultivate a meaningful student experience. This position will provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice Chancellor (AVC)/Dean of Students by serving as the first point of contact to the Dean of Students Office. Duties include providing executive level support, to include calendaring, to the AVC and 2 Assistant Deans; serving as focal point for incoming communications to the DOS suite; assisting with special projects & initiatives as prescribed by the AVC and/or Assistant Deans, and other duties a requested.
Minimum Requirements: Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Advising and counseling skills.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies; both verbally and in writing.
Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong service orientation.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Skill in learning and adapting to the programmatic context of an organization (history, direction, leadership, funding and relationships).
Skill in analyzing policy issues, UC policy and procedures, and other directives and form solid recommendations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview