SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
JOB NO.: 92241-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/ADI/DEPT OFFICE
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 92241-AS
Working Title: Support & Development Engineer
Official Title: SR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32BN) or SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32DN)
Hiring Department: A062000-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ADI/DEPT OFFICE
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,000 Maximum $100,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No Degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 3 years of experience developing with widely used object oriented programming languages (eg. Java, .NET, PeopleCode, PHP). (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Minimum 3 years of experience writing new, and troubleshooting existing, SQL for a widely used relational database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase). (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and orientation.
* Demonstrated desire to learn new things.
* Flexibility in development frameworks, languages, and other tools.
* Experience with version control systems (e.g., Phire Architect, Quest STAT, SVN, Git).
* Experience with large Financials, Human Resources, or Student Information ERP systems.
* Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services development.
* Experience with PeopleTools 8.x.
Application Development & Integration (ADI) does application business analysis, design, programming, integration, testing and project management. We work closely with customers in primarily administrative units, both within UW-Madison and across UW System schools. We use a wide range of tools and techniques to build applications that will run in all environments, along with implementing and supporting packaged software and developing application interfaces.
ADI is looking for someone who is passionate about application development, thrives in a team-oriented environment, and is comfortable working with a wide range of partners to solve business problems. This position will have knowledge of modern techniques in object oriented programming as well as experience with modern frameworks, libraries, tool sets, and development practices. The emphasis is on collaborating with a team to deliver and maintain high quality, efficient, and robust applications. This position would also possess strong solution design skills where solutions will likely include cross platform integration using vendor packages, web services, custom applications, and database design.
These positions are within DoIT's Application Development and Integration Department (ADI).
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 6 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 5 2017 11:55 PM Central Standard Time