Position Number: 53000174
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 10/19/2017
Salary Minimum: $14.76 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Credentialing Associate for the Nursing department. The Credentialing Associate will provide administrative support for the Nursing Department with an emphasis on medical document credentialing.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Credentialing Associate will:
- Administrator for Clinical Coordinator
- Manage clinical documentation for students and faculty. This includes verifying student documents regarding CPR card, Hep B form, PPD Form, Medical Health Form, etc., in ton online tracking database, ACEMAPP. The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for ensuring all student and faculty documents and all clinical facilities are in order throughout the program
- Administrative backup for the BSN program
- Liaison between Department of Nursing Clinical Placement and Clinical Sites
- Composes or creates a variety of documents. Creates complex documents using word processing, access, spreadsheets for budget purposes, and desktop publishing for brochures
- Prepares agendas and documents for Clinical Placement Committee meetings. Records and distributes minutes of meetings
- Compiles and maintains all policies and procedures required for clinical placement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have office management as well as strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer software programs.
- Ability to complete tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and departmental records of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to work with visitors, students, and faculty in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to enter, organize, and retrieve, information from databases as needed.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Four years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical background (medical office, medical assistant, LPN) preferred.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.