Supervisor, Computer Support
General Statement of Job
To maintain, install, support, and supervise Austin Community College (ACC) network computer systems and peripheral equipment and related staff; provides professional-level network support functions and customer assistance services.
Location Round Rock Campus Hours M-F 8-5pm Others times as needed for meetings and computer related problems Salary Supervisor 3/120 ($38,922.00 - $55,603.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Asst. Department Chair or Professor Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Structure and operating capabilities of multiple network operating systems.
- Network hardware, software, and peripheral equipment troubleshooting techniques.
- Administration and maintenance principles of multiple network operating domains, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
- Network topologies and protocols, and Internet technical knowledgebase services.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Assessing ACC network support needs, and developing and promoting effective solutions.
- Using procedural programming languages, and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Operating and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
- Solving technical problems involving integrated operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Make recommendations that impact the budget.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience including one year supervisory experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
Preferred Work Experience
- Three years with Management experience
- Associate degree. Four years of related work experience may substitute for the degree. Experience used here cannot be used again to meet the experience requirement or for placement purposes. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.