Analyst, IT Systems
General Statement of Job
To install, implement, administer, and support Information Technology (IT) software applications based on IT project management principles.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 4/124 ($52,160.00 - $74,514.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Manager, LMS Services Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Serves as backup to the LMS Manager.
- Manages data flow flow processes between the LMS and Student Information System.
- Assists in research, analysis, and evaluation of emerging LMS technologies, software, and hardware.
- Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Proactively reviews systems performance.
- Reviews and improves system operations practices.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Information Technology common business needs and project management practices.
- Application software components, systems and functions.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule and providing on-call assistance, including some nights and weekends.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a broad range of users that are both technical and non-technical.
- Troubleshooting techniques used to resolve application-related problems.
- Ensuring availability, dependability, and reliability of assigned applications.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Communicating effectively through oral and written communications.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software with emphasis on statistical charts, tables, and graphs.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with System Administration of the Blackboard Learning System, Ellucian Colleague, or Ellucian ILP.
- Two years working with mission-critical enterprise systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of Relational Database Theory; Knowledge and experience with administering Windows servers and software applications, SQL Server, SAML, JAVA SE, Tomcat, Google Apps.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.