(Internal Only) Administrative Assistant III
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-113
Posting Start Date: 10/6/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
(Internal Only) Administrative Assistant III
The Administrative Assistant III coordinates office services such as purchasing, records control, and other administrative activities; interprets operating policies; and exercises independent judgment in resolution of administrative problems. The position supports the development of regular and ad hoc reports and may perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature. The position also provides direct secretarial support such as appointments, correspondence, data compilation and filing. The Administrative Assistant III is also responsible to provide customer oriented quality service to the students, faculty, staff, and guests of Baltimore City Community College displaying exceptional organization, professionalism, communications, and attention to detail.
- Uses established systems (i.e. software) to organize and efficiently keep track of information, data, time, and resources
- Provides quality service, information and assistance to employees, students, and visitors
- Manages reception area, print/copy/fax stations and conference rooms
- Performs varied office support duties including typing, faxing, photocopying, filing, and mailing
- Maintains office equipment, common areas, and office supplies
- Prepares outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, students, visitors, and all members of the general public
- Listens actively and responds to inquiries or concerns in order to comprehend and assess needs, provide assistance, resolve problems and satisfy expectations
- Composes letters and memoranda for signature
- Ensures accuracy of written communications by reviewing for typographical errors, formatting, and internal consistency
- Greets visitors, answers phones, and responds to inquiries or directs callers and guests to appropriate staff
- Assumes ownership of service issues and works within scope of authority and appropriate guidelines and resources to meet needs and resolve problems
- Personally follows through to ensure that all problems, questions, or complaints are resolved
- Addresses disgruntled customers' problems with courtesy, tact, and professionalism
- Seeks our customer input to better understand their needs and develops ideas for how to meet those needs
- Maintains and continuously develops a working knowledge of the services, operations, and or functions of the department/work unit in order to provide accurate information and assistance to the customer
- Promptly responds to requests and inquiries with accuracy and courtesy
- Suggest changes to enhance service and assists in the implementation of improvements
- Engages in ongoing professional development to remain abreast of quality service best practices, trends, methods, and principles
- Considers the impact on external or internal parties when taking action or carrying out one's own job responsibilities
- Develops and or implements service and process improvements
- Works to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, and students
- Ensures quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities and products
- Plans activities in advance to ensure that all assignments are completed in a timely and quality manner
- Checks and rechecks work for mistakes before distribution
- Follows established procedures to ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness of work products and activities
- Compares finished work to established expectations and standards
- Performs routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention
- Review work carefully for completeness and accuracy
- Other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
High school diploma and three years advanced clerical/ administrative experience in a complex office environment. Associate's degree preferred.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.