About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-097
Posting Start Date: 8/31/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $78,890 - $88,846
Overview of position:
Controller is responsible for:
1. Manager of Financial Services - the Controller position focuses on strategic oversight and management of the College's financial functions while serving as the College's principal accounting officer.
2. Principal Accounting Officer - the Controller will have responsibility for leading a dynamic team to plan, develop, and enhance the College's financial services needs
3. Serves as the primary point of contact for all internal and external financial and compliance audits; manages all audits including compiling documentation, preparing audit schedules and resolving audit issues; addresses outstanding audit issues;
4. Leads and manages the monthly and statutory year-end closing including analysis of trial balances; verifying assets, revenue, expenditures, and fund balance;
5. Monitors accounting systems and data to ensure an efficient and effective operation that facilitate accurate reporting and ensures appropriate internal controls.
6. Oversees the financial operations and services of the College, including financial accounting, accounts payable, grants accounting, and student accounting, ensuring financial activity is in compliance with all regulations such as GAAP, GASB, SAS, State and Federal regulations and with College policies and procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned
Employees in this classification receive supervision from
Vice President for Business and Finance
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or a business-related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive accounting experience with high volume, high dollar transactions;
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of accounting concepts such as GAAP, GASB, FASB, cash and accrual based accounting, financial statements, and fixed asset accounting.
- Certification (such as CPA or CGMA) or Master's degree preferred;
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.