2017-2018 Student Newspaper Non-FWS Staff Position
The Lions' Pride is looking to fill the following positions:
- Staff Writers
- Multimedia Writers/Designers (video, audio, slide shows, etc.)
- Advertising Representatives
- Occasionally, we need an editor position filled. Please check the newspaper or stop by the newspaper office to inquire about these positions.
- Cover campus news, breaking news, feature stories, general news, meetings, sports events, and more. These events can be at any time of day or night.
- Interview people for articles - the ability to talk to people in person.
- Write weekly articles and take photos (and possibly shoot video) to accompany the articles.
- Attend weekly meetings, which are mandatory, unless class conflicts.
- Reliability, dependability, professionalism, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills, and a knowledge of writing. Otherwise, a willingness to learn these skills is needed.
- Knowledge of digital photography and downloading photos preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use Pagemaker, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, InDesign, and Adobe Premier Video Editing not required, but an added bonus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills needed to balance work with school.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ability to assist other teammates and work when necessary to accomplish the goals of a weekly newspaper.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure, meet weekly deadlines, and possess good communication skills with team members.
Job ID 2017-1458
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo