Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Camp Director, the Camp Instructor/Counselor will provide supervision of camp participants, engage in activities, and provide a safe environment for campers of all ages attending camps at Saint Leo University.
This position will ensure a positive environment that promotes and enhances the development of camp participants and maintains a safe and controlled atmosphere to ensure a high quality program that meets the standards of the university.
The following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
***Application Packet Requirements***
1. Cover Letter
The Camp Instructor/Counselor will provide supervision of camp participants, engage in activities, and provide a safe environment for campers of all ages attending camps at Saint Leo University including the following tasks:
• Assists in instructing all camp activities under the Director's supervision.
• Actively observes all activities to ensure the protection and safety of all participants.
• Participates in all staff training and meetings.
• Provides a positive and authoritative approach to guiding behavior using age-appropriate limits and choices.
• Completes all paperwork according to policies and procedures.
• Enjoys working with children, participating in activities and enthusiastic attitude.
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred.
• Past experience and interest in the camp activity.
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Able to communicate effectively
• Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
• Listen and follow directions
Job ID 2017-1625
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo