Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst II
Summary of the Position
The Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst II works closely with administrative departments to maintain and enhance business applications, and support them in the integration, analysis, and processing of data. The goal is to simplify or automate existing business applications, and enhance Bentley's reputation and brand as a “technology” school. This position requires a person who combines solid programming skills and experience with complementary analysis skills. This person must be able to write functional and technical specifications for basic business functions using his/her knowledge of our systems, then be able to write, test, and implement programs or interfaces which meet these specifications.
- Writes, tests and documents complex processes that enable administrative staff to work more effectively with faculty, students, and alumni.
- Develops and maintains robust software/server and application framework/architecture for internal systems that are essential to key university functions, such as registration, decisions, etc.
- Develops integrations to share data among multiple applications.
- Mentors and trains more junior developers on current technologies and processes as appropriate.
- Trains and supports Key Users and general users in the use of new technologies.
- Provides general user support for applications, integrations, and processes in production use. Responds to issues, tickets and requests in a timely manner, using university and departmental ticketing systems and processes to document work and resolution.
- Contributes in departmental and team meetings, and works closely with other members of Administrative Computing, IT, and Key Users as required.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, plus 2 to 5 years of experience in IT software development, coding, or system maintenance. Ability to develop sophisticated interfaces with current tools such as Informatica and PL-SQL, and Java. Solid database experience with Oracle and SQL Server, including functions, stored procedures, triggers, etc. Technical leadership in the creation and maintenance of a secure, scalable, and robust development environment. Accomplished problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills. Excellent command of written and oral English to promote strong communication with technical and user audiences. Active interest in continuous professional development and skill enhancement, and in mentoring colleagues. Ability to seek out new technologies and make recommendations where applicable. Capacity to work independently, to manage own time, to make accurate estimates and meet project deadlines.
Experience with Workday, Salesforce, Banner, Informatica, and/or ImageNow a plus. Experience with consuming web services.
This position requires significant time in application development and support – hands-on the keyboard. Accuracy is essential to minimize errors and maximize project success.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.