Health Education Specialist/UKHC
The Health Education Specialist, under the direct supervision of the 3rd/4th year Clerkship Director, and in consultation and regular collaboration with all applicable educational deans or their designee, is responsible for supervision and managing the daily administrative activities of the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) educational programs as outlined in the LCME, ACGME Institutional, Common Program and Specialty Program Guidelines for UME. In addition, the CCES serves serves as the M3 and M4 point of contact UK COM; aligns course curriculum with Liaison Committee for Medical Education accreditation standards; implements program policy; course development and infrastructure, including curriculum and content; and directly supervises the program's medical students on a daily basis.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Health Education Specialist/UKHC
Clerkship Coordinator and Education Specialist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/traveling across campus and around buildings for long periods of time.
Monday-Friday, mostly Days, occasional weekends and nights as needed.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Masters and 1 year experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Writing Sample