Assistant Superintendent of Athletic Grounds
Job Title Assistant Superintendent of Athletic Grounds
FGCU Athletics' Facilities and Operations department seeks a highly motivated, hardworking, and detail oriented individual for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Athletic Grounds. This is a full-time position with healthcare benefits and is intended for individuals looking to further their career in Turf and Grounds Maintenance. This position will assist in the overall maintenance of the fields and surrounding grounds areas for the Outdoor Athletic Complexes. This position will be actively involved in field preparation, equipment maintenance, mowing, trimming, edging, watering, facilitating chemical and fertilization applications, and supervision of part time student staff.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Working 40 hours a week, which includes a regular Monday-Friday schedule, as well as game nights and some weekends and holidays.
• Willing and able to work outside in extreme temperatures and weather.
• Ability to lift 60 lbs.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ever changing needs, while maintaining a positive attitude when working with a diverse group of personalities.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Individual must be a team player, who is highly motivated, a self starter, detail oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic.
• Valid Driver's License
• Prior experience working in facility, turf, or grounds maintenance and familiarity with reel mowers and other necessary grounds equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Salary Range $13.41 hourly ($28,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
• Assists with the planning, coordinating, and managing of the athletic sports turf for practice and intercollegiate competition at the FGCU Soccer Complex and FGCU Softball Stadium.
• Ensure the surrounding grounds around the outdoor athletic facilities are maintained and manicured on a daily basis.
• Responsible for the supervision and direction of the part time student workers.
• Infield Skin Management and Softball.
• Home Plate Clay and Bullpen Maintenance and Repair
• Ground's Equipment Maintenance
• Mowing, Edging, and Trimming
• Moisture control for grass and clay infield surfaces
• Irrigation Management
• Coordinate Chemical and Fertilizer Applications
• Weed Management
• Trash and Debris Facility Clean Up
• Ensure all assigned tasks are in compliance with University, Atlantic Sun Conference, and NCAA rules.
• Other Duties as assigned to accomplish our grounds goals
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS64P
Open Date 10/06/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
As a temporary employee, you may not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g., paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)