Supervisor - Faculty Staff Support Center, MFRN31162STFSV
Responsible for the successful operation of the Faculty and Staff Support Center, coordinating switchboard, word processing, color copy, faxing, fleet vehicle scheduling, print environment and internal billing operations with the needs of the faculty, staff and administration. Provide prompt, efficient and reliable service which meets or exceeds customer expectations; work with students, faculty and staff on a daily basis.
Position Title: Supervisor - Faculty Staff Support Center, MFRN31162STFSV
Duties of Position:
- Supervision of Faculty and Staff Support Center function and staff. Establish priorities for workflow by assigning and distributing work to be performed, including word processing and copy and/or print requests. Ensure all work performed for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner. Train and schedule switchboard operators for full coverage of all incoming calls within established performance targets. Notify College employees of incoming fax transmissions, logging date, time, person called and extension. Follow-up as required insuring prompt delivery and notifications are maintained and requisitions are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Coordinate the College-wide fleet copier and printer program; perform troubleshooting assistance, training and technical support to minimize downtime, while acting as a liaison between College users and the vendor representatives at all levels. Responsibilities may include recommending and implementing operating procedures, estimating printing costs and evaluating equipment. Work as a liaison between vendor and COD Information Technology Department. Track complex statistical data used for processing costs and evaluating future fleet needs of the College. Prepare monthly reports on copier service, volumes, downtime, etc. and make recommendations for improvement. Create, prepare and update monthly chargeback for all fleet usage, including electronically and manually (if required) gathering meter readings and applying appropriate chargebacks. Arrange for relocation and driver updates or installation whenever fleet devices are involved.
- Supervise the classified position handling fleet service desk. Monitor ordering and distribution of print supplies for contracted and out of scope devices.
- Responsible for creating and managing special print accounts for outside contractors, student employees and service accounts. Serve as resource person for questions, problems and troubleshooting. Monitor and troubleshoot students and public user transactions for Pay-for-Print program. Assists and advise clients on proper procedures, services available, etc., making proper referrals and recommendations.
- Responsible for billing and estimates of cost for internal allocations. Assist in preparation and administration of budget. Maintain paper supply orders and deliveries for fleet copiers and printers. Create and maintain key device contact list and manage communication as needed.
- Interview prospective employees, maintain cross training and coverage, recommend hire, evaluate and administer corrective action as required. Oversee orientation and training of new staff for proper operation of all equipment and effective customer service. Provide and encourage staff development opportunities for all staff. Assist in the management of time documents and employee files.
- Responsible for scheduling college fleet vehicles, maintaining user records, tracking and chargeback for mileage and reporting vehicle related issues.
- Assist Manager of Staff Services in testing and evaluation of equipment and software, attending seminars, workshops and demonstrations to keep abreast of the newest technologies to perform efficiently and effectively. Prepare rationales as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of color copier and networked fax machine which serves as the central fax for faculty and staff.
- Assist Manager of Staff Services with special projects, specialized reports, RFP process and custom work. Generate multiple reports in varied file formats for use in budget planning, staffing, equipment replacement, etc.
- Produce, implement and maintain department manual, procedures and practices relating to operation of equipment, office and services provided the Manager of Staff Services.
- Budget planning, tracking and monitoring.
- Assist in other Staff Services as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
3-5 years experience in a large business or educational environment serving multiple customers. At least 2 years in a supervisor capacity with strong understanding of managed print services environment. Experience operating computers, answering telephones, and dealing with clients and vendors. Ability to accurately read, record and check numerical data. Proficiency in MS Office applications. Must be able to adapt to performing a variety of activities, with multiple demands on time. Good organizational and communications skills. Excellent customer relations skills required.
High School Diploma.
5 or more years experience as indicated above in a large business or educational environment working with numbers, serving multiple customers, with considerable customer service experience and strong understanding of managed print services environment. At least three years experience in a supervisory position.
Associates Degree in Office Technology Information with college level courses in accounting.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Telephone, computer network with multiple software packages, laser printers, various types of multifunctional equipment, fax, electric typewriter, calculators, adding machines, copiers, miscellaneous finishing equipment.
40 hours per week, pleasant office environment. Hours vary according to shift needs. Additional hours may be required during peak periods.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt