San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Job Number: 2018049
Location: San Marcos
Department: Student Center
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: 1,800.00 - 1,900.00
Job Category: Non-Exempt
1. Knowledge of common cleaning methods and techniques.
2. Knowledge of uses, characteristics and application of cleaning materials, tools and equipment including floor equipment; use and maintenance of tools and equipment; measure and mix chemical cleaners.
3. Ability to understand, write and carry out written and verbal instructions, work assignments, schedules, training materials and conduct basic, everyday conversations in English for work related purposes.
4. Work a full shift on regular basis, irregular shifts, as scheduled including nights, weekends and as needed, must be punctual; complete work on schedule per established procedures or required standards.
5. Perform all physical aspects of assigned duties, including stooping, reaching, climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to work without direct supervision, team player
1. Knowledge of safety practices related to work assignments, including correct lifting techniques and proper mixing and use of hazardous cleaning solvents.
2. Experience in educational environment.
3. 1 year custodial experience.
Responsible for enhancing the physical appearance of the buildings on campus by providing a sanitary environment and preventing the transmission of disease carrying microorganisms.
Empty trash and throw into dumpster.
Clean and disinfect sinks and bathrooms and restock paper products.
Vacuum carpets and dust offices.
Perform hard floor care.
Clean lobbies, common areas, study rooms, laundries, offices, furniture, chalk and writing boards, and light fixtures.
Secure buildings, entrances, exits, interior doors, custodial closets, storage rooms, etc.
Clean kitchen, operate dishwasher, refrigerator, and replace dishes in cabinet.
Remove old wax and polish vinyl tile floors.
Maintain supplies, keys, equipment, and custodial closet.
Polish vinyl floors with buffer in areas of heavy traffic.
Clean according to procedures.
Count soiled linen and prepare list of items.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 10/05/2017
Job Close Date: 10/19/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 2:00 pm
Normal Work Hours End: 11:00 pm
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce