Senior Design Engineer (Automotive)
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Design Engineer will facilitate the development of new and existing CNG Fuel System Products. Day-to-day responsibilities and functions include but are not limited to:
- Designs products for standard & custom applications utilizing 3D Modeling design/drafting software, specifically in a SolidWorks Environment.
- Coordinates preparation of working drawings from sketches, verbal concepts and design specifications.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, and personnel. Receives and conveys proper information regarding any need that may evolve during the life of a project.
- Analyzes product design for effective & proper design (including FEA & environmental analysis) detail functionality, serviceability issues or to reduce production problems.
- Completes required changes to drawings and related data and follow up as necessary.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of prototype parts.
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing/vendors for processing/expediting orders efficiently.
- Creates/aids in development or deployment of company/industry standards and specifications to maintain the integrity of our product.
- Forms of communication are electronic files (2D/3D) Math Data from CAD software, scanned print, fax or regular mail. Document all records of where information has been exchanged.
- Reads publications, attends showings and consults with engineering, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering required, Mechanical Preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of design experience preferably within the Automotive industry
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software, Specifically Solidworks.
- Automotive industry experience preferred, though not required
- 3-5 years of welded structures for aftermarket or OEM experience is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication (prototype building and shop practices) a plus.
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with internal personnel as well as regular interface with customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to multitask and juggle a myriad of responsibilities/projects/tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, design and coordinate product launches to customer requirements.
International CNG Fuel Systems (IFS) is a full service CNG solution provider. We formed our company knowing the real world challenges that are faced by customers who want to implement CNG upgrades. Our unique business model is built on strategic partnerships that provide a seamless level of vertical integration to better serve our customers. IFS provides a beautifully designed, high quality and cost-effective fuel system solution that achieves the quickest system build and installation in the industry.
San Bernardino, CA
Sun, 1 Oct 2017 11:36:08 PDT