The Nautical Group is a retained executive search firm based in Raleigh. We are currently working with our client, an asset management company specializing in the agricultural sector, in their search for a Data Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Data Sciences, this position will support a company-wide centralized data effort. The ideal candidate has data science expertise, a strong background in web and application development, as well as database development and administration. Experience with complex, non-transactional and transactional data from diverse sources is a plus.
Key Focus Areas Include:
- Design and implement overall architecture of next-gen data science platform.
- Manage business and technical data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Author and document SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Define ownership and communicate data models to various audiences.
- Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets.
- Development experience in both desktop and mobile a plus.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science
- 3+ years of database development and maintenance
- Strong team working skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Highly experienced with a diverse set of programming languages such as Python, R, Ruby, etc.
- Expertise in data marts and business intelligence reporting a plus.
- Experience in big data technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark, etc. a plus
- Proficient experience using libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, Dev Express or Shiny.
- Experience working with graphic designers converting designs to UX implementations.
- Proven ability to analyze large data sets and solve problems
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:28:12 PDT