• To oversee in a team environment the functions of planning, controlling and directing the credit union's accounting, investments and financial reporting systems. Assist in compliance, regulations, and outside government and CPA audits. Perform bookkeeping activities including GL entry & reconciling.
Reports to: CEO/President
1. Help prepare, manage and monitor annual budget.
2. Assist with all direct general accounting functions at the credit union with timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, tax planning and preparation of tax returns.
3. Assist with credit union investment portfolio in order maximize return and maintain adequate liquidity.
4. Maintain adequate balances in corporate accounts and transfer funds when appropriate.
5. Reconcile and balance general ledger accounts.
6. Prepare quarterly call reports.
7. Prepare financial reports as requested by Management and Board of Directors.
8. Assist with regulatory exams by providing information and documentation necessary for completion of the exam.
9. Balance official check registers and submit deposits daily.
10. Post and balance FRB ACH reports daily.
11. Post EFT and shared branch entries and maintain G/L balancing daily.
12. Cooperate & assist other departments, as directed, to ensure a team effort and achieve assigned goals.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred
2. Accounting experience with detail and accuracy in accounting procedures.
3. Attention to organizational skills, ability to prioritize assignments and work independently.
4. Ability to work with time critical and confidential information
5. Advance experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
6. Flexibility in regards to scheduling and job assignments.
7. General knowledge of operations system and core processing.
8. Broad working knowledge of departments, programs and products.
Family Horizons is a full service Indianapolis based credit union that was founded in 1954.
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 12:15:43 PDT