Assistant Director for Content Strategy and Student Media Engagement
THE LAWRENCE HERBERT SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR CONTENT STRATEGY AND STUDENT MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
Description: The Lawrence Herbert School of Communication at Hofstra University is looking for a content strategist with a solid storytelling and writing background, and a deep understanding of how to communicate and engage audiences across multiple platforms. The Assistant Director for Content Strategy and Student Media Engagement, who reports to the Associate Dean of the Herbert School, is a full-time academic administrator and will be responsible for ensuring that the school’s digital presence is compelling, consistent, and effective in engaging with a variety of audiences.
- Develop and execute a digital content strategy, including crafting key messages, outlining editorial guidelines, budgeting, and establishing metrics for evaluating success.
- Create audience-focused content in a variety of formats for the Herbert School’s website, social media, print and digital promotional materials, and other platforms, including the school’s mobile app and e-newsletters.
- Guide the school’s efforts to further develop the integration of emerging technology and platforms for classes.
- Devise social media strategies – identify emerging trends, networks, and ideas.
- Serve as the lead on the school’s social media accounts – monitoring outlets, discussions, and topics; creating and publishing content; and engaging with audiences.
- Manage Herbert School’s student media aggregation platform.
- Establish a process and procedures for securing, reviewing, and aggregating student media content; identify student-created content that will resonate with the school’s audiences; implement an editorial calendar for distributing student media content, school-specific stories and other features.
- Help shape digital strategies for the LHSC’s student media organizations and initiate opportunities for student media organizations to collaborate across platforms.
- Ensure that all LHSC-managed websites conform to University publishing policies, editorial style, and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with other areas on campus, including University Relations and Admissions, to maximize the school’s outreach.
- Send weekly Scoscoop emails and manage online events calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years experience creating and editing multimedia content across platforms.
- High level of creativity, excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs, work both independently and collaboratively across University departments, and meet deadlines.
- Must understand SEO, social distribution, and visual and editorial best practices for garnering traffic and increasing engagement.
- Experience in a higher education or nonprofit setting a plus.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Application instructions: For consideration, please send letter of application, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three references to:
Evan Cornog, PhD, Dean, The Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, 111 Hofstra University, 318 LH Comm, Hempstead, NY 11549 or email email@example.com.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for Assistant Director for Content Strategy and Student Media Engagement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly