Assistant/Associate Professor of Exercise Science, Tenure Track, Starts 9/1/18
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University seeks applicants for a full-time, 10-month, tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, to begin September 1, 2018. The objective of the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program is to equip students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for entry-level Exercise Science positions in public or private industries or future graduate study in related areas. Students will be prepared for success in select certification examinations such as the American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist and the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Program faculty are expected to work collaboratively with each other, faculty outside of the program, and community partners
Responsibilities of tenure track faculty include, but are not limited to, 1) offering courses, seminars, and tutorials and supervising independent studies in exercise science and related areas; 2) serving as preceptor to students; 3) participating in scholarship and/or creative activities as appropriate for the discipline; 4) providing service to the college, community, and profession; and 5) performing other duties as designated by the program coordinator, Dean, School of Health Sciences and/or the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission and to annually contribute to the interdisciplinary general studies courses as part of their regular teaching load.
Minimum Qualifications: Earned Ph.D., professional doctorate degree, appropriate terminal professional degree, or evidence of probable completion of any of the qualifications by June 2018. Applicants will also utilize effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Teaching experience in higher education.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcripts/relevant professional licensures and/or certifications
- Three references who will be contacted to submit required letters of recommendation.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.