We are seeking a Network Technician to join our team! You will help support and maintain company networks.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing wired and wireless network systems
- Handle repairs and exchanges of defective devices
- Collaborate on the improvement of network design and connectivity
- Perform routine network maintenance
- Maintain inventory of network electronics
- Logically configure network switches and tools/testing devices.
- Complete patching of circuits into switches.
- Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed.
- Operate network test equipment (layer 1-3).
- Monitor and take appropriate action from network alerts generated from management tools.
- Administer Remedy network ticket queue. Respond, update, and close Remedy incident tickets (break/fix and IMAC requests).
- Support network break/fix actions to restore service to customers. Meet network SLA and performance measurements.
- Provide customer interface communication skills. Take initial Tier 1 calls from customers and/or help desk.
- Administer network asset tool to help assist in data integrity.
- Administer network drawings and documentation tools.
- Support after-hour network change control maintenance windows as needed.
- Assist with other network personnel to maintain well organized network equipment storage areas.
- Assist with network equipment RMA activities as needed
- Entry Level Position
- Previous experience in IT or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, hardware, and software
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 10:35:48 PDT