Manager of Guest and Reservation Services
Job Description Summary: Job ID 4832 - FT - Unclassified
This position is responsible for all aspects of the front office and front desk operations at the Marcum Hotel and Conference Center. Duties include supervision and training of front desk staff, management of guest room reservations, customer service, and providing assistance to other conference center departments. Provides systems support for the front desk reservations system (INNfinity), and provides secondary support, in conjunction with departmental and university technical staff, for the Event Management System (EMS). As part of the sales staff, this position books events with existing customers (inside sales) and, as required, works with the Conference and Event Planners to coordinate event details. Ensures that contracts, function sheets, requisitions, and other documents are typed, distributed, and filed accurately. This position reports to the Director of the Marcum Hotel.
Duties/Physical Demands: Serves as system administrator for the hotel property management system (Oracle Opera) and all other systems related to reservations such as online travel agents, phones and credit card processing.
- Manages hotel room inventory to maximize revenue and hotel occupancy. Forecasts future business to plan for procurement of supplies and efficient scheduling of labor.
- Manages, hires, trains front desk attendants to ensure the highest level of customer service and guest confidentiality/security. Plans and implements SOP’s for efficient and professional operations.
- Monitors all business procedures for hotel operations to ensure accurate transactions for each day’s business, timely collection of receivables, timely payment of payables and balanced ledgers.
- Reviews and responds to guest comments in writing and online. Resolves guest complaints quickly and in a professional manner. Communicates effectively with members of the University community and general public.
- Provides supervision to all parts of hotel operations as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in the area of management, business, hospitality, or related field, or a minimum of 5 years of work and supervisory experience in the hospitality industry is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- This position requires the ability to plan, organize, and direct others, and to work harmoniously with a diverse group of individuals, including both clients and staff.
- The position requires effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven management experience, including scheduling, directing, and counseling staff.
- Customer service skills are critical, including the ability to effectively handle a wide range of guest requests. This position requires a high level of professionalism, problem-solving and self-motivation.
- Valid driver's license required and ability/willingness to transport guests and make deliveries as needed (15 passenger van).
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.