• Responsible for methods planning, specifications, tool design, customer technical relations and shop trouble shooting machining operations when necessary.
• Develop manufacturing routings and machining methods from customer prints specifications and as directed by the Technical Director.
• Review engineering priority schedules as directed by the Technical Director.
• Attend router reviews as directed by the Technical Director.
• Assist manufacturing in solving problems and developing suggestions to improve manufacturing methods and techniques.
• Assist in the design of tooling and tooling methodologies.
• Ability to produce manufacturing drawings, sketches and finished blue prints using CATIA.
• Assist in providing technical support for all functions such as computer support, QC support and purchasing.
• Interface with the customer's Engineering and Quality departments as directed by the Technical Director.
• Provide Engineering and/or technical assistants to all departments as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or significant equivalent experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment or other area involving reading and understanding production drawings a plus
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in aerospace manufacturing machine shop a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of methods experience in machining, tooling, and CNC programming a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and knowledge of (GD & T), Gauging Design and Tooling a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience with CATIA, (or equivalent CAD system)
- Capability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated self starter
- Enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently with little supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs: Word / Excel / Access / Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher a plus.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:39:56 PDT