Protection & Control/Relay Technician - OH
JOB SUMMARY: The Protection and Control Technician is responsible for performing commissioning and testing activities in the field. This includes reading schematics and assisting with writing functional test plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the skills to provide technical capabilities for installing, adjusting, and troubleshooting relays.
- Develop the ability to tests the following relays; Over current/voltage, Directional, Distance, Impedance, Sync Check, Loss of field, Reverse power, Multifunction relays.
- Reads associated schematics, internal, and external of the relay.
- Develop the skills to communicates with RTS software.
- Assists in writing functional test plans.
- Participate in a training and development program to achieve a comprehensive knowledge of electrical fundamentals, electrical transmission and distribution equipment and its operation, and a high degree of skill in routine P&C functions.
- Remain current on all safety and technical training.
- Provide technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems
- Adhere to all company, industry and client safety protocol and standards.
- Be proficient in the use of construction equipment, test equipment and tools required for routine maintenance and installation of equipment assigned, such as man lifts, bucket trucks, transformer and breaker testing equipment and relay test equipment without direct supervision and direction.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of both AC and DC applications including the measurements of 3 phase power quantities and the normal control and protective schemes utilized in the industry.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: This a field position and will require candidates to work in substations and customer locations and could include heavy travel (90%). During training extended travel to other operations may be necessary. The company covers these travel expenses.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
- Acumen: Deals effectively with organizational politics and builds alliance with people at all organizational levels. Able to judge which goals are worth fighting for and when it's best to compromise; anticipates the reactions and positions of others accurately; involves the right people and resources at the right time.
- Customer Satisfaction: Builds productive relationships with customers in order to build customer loyalty and business success: identifies or anticipates customer needs. Keeps commitments to customers and regularly sets standards to exceed expectations. Encourages and uses customer feedback to improve services.
- Critical Thinking: Examines information, facts, and data, and draws logical conclusions from available information.
- Organizing and Planning: Juggles multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent.
- Dedication: Sets high personal standards and places job accomplishment high on the priority list; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
- Communications - written and verbal: Communicates effectively one to one, and in small groups. Demonstrates fluency, "quickness on one's feet," clarify organization of thought processes, and command of the language. Easily articulates, clearly and effectively communicates in a professional manner. Keeps people informed.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results and maintains positive working relationships. Actively participates in solving problems, making decisions, completing tasks and accomplishing goals.
- Mechanically Inclined: Hands-on and willingly gets directly involved in working on equipment in substation and power plant/manufacturing environments. The ability and desire to understand how a particular unit goes together, how it works and how to troubleshoot. Ability to differentiate between color coded wiring.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years related experience in substations; Experience in relay testing preferred.
- Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure.
- Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
- Education: EET, Technical School preferred
- Licensures and Certifications: SEL, AVO or OEM Certified. NETA OR NICET encouraged.
- Field Experience Necessary. Must have hands-on experience with pertinent test equipment.
- Computer Experience - must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
CE Power is the leading provider of custom engineered power solutions for the electrical power industry. CE Power leverages our experience to provide safe, cost-effective solutions for electrical power reliability. CE Power's independent position allows for a flexible approach to complex electrical challenges in the Utility, industrial, and institutional markets. CE Power core competencies include generator breaker upgrades, transformer replacement, protection and control, switchgear upgrades, substation services, and engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contracts.
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 11:09:05 PDT