Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer
We are currently seeing a Technical Support SE (Microsoft/VMware/Cisco) to become an integral part of our team! You would be exposed to, and supporting a wide variety of technologies in our managed service accounts. This is a job that is fast-paced and never gets boring!
VNS is the leading MSP in the Central San Joaquin Valley, and as we enter our 21st year in business, we are looking for a Systems Engineer (SE) to provide services on-site with to our valued customers.
- Provide managed technical support and engineering services to VNS customers, both in the field and remotely
- Support MS Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows, Exchange, and Office 365
- Support VMware and/or MS Hyper-V virtualized environments
- Perform routine software and hardware maintenance
- Document all work performed
- Contribute to the design and deployment of new client networks and technology solutions
Pre-Requisites and Minimum Qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on industry experience in IT services (preferred working for MSP and/or VAR), providing network management, consulting and project management services
- Certs - required: MCSE, MCITP or MCSA
- Additional certs desired: VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Citrix CCEA/CCEE/CCIA, HP ASE/AIS, ITIL
- Hands-on experience with: Windows Active Directory, Exchange Server, VMware ESX server, HP or Dell servers, Cisco routing and switching, firewalls and UTM, NAS/SAN technology, SNMP and WMI
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, however candidates that possess an AS Degree in Network Administration or Business, combined with relevant experience will also be considered
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Must be local to Fresno/Clovis, CA or willing to relocate at own expense
- Former US military personnel are of particular interest and encouraged to apply, if you meet all minimum requirements
The ideal candidate will be experienced with a combination of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco and (bonus points!) Citrix technologies. They must be experienced in dealing with Microsoft-based technologies such as Windows server, Active Directory, WSUS and Exchange Server. Experience with virtualization (VMware, HyperV, Xen) is a plus, as is experience with Cisco routing, switching and voice or WLAN.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional, and have excellent customer communications skills. The standard at VNS is not to just meet customer expectations, but to exceed them.
This position offers a competitive salary (higher for those who hold active MS, VMware, Cisco certs), plus a compensation increase structure that is tied to the employee's ability to attain & maintain technical certifications, and their job performance.Our benefits package includes: healthcare, matching 401K plan, vacation pay, sick pay, and paid holidays.
Valley Network Solutions (VNS), of Fresno/Clovis, CA is a 20+ year-old company that designs, builds, sells and supports business networks. We make technology simple, so that customers can focus on their business, by providing managed services, professional computer network consulting, integration, design, service, warranty and post-warranty repair and support services. VNS is a valley-owned business, that is totally focused on the needs of our customers in the Central San Joaquin Valley.
For complete details, see: http://www.vns.net/about
For complete details of this job's requirements, see: http://www.vns.net/jobs
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:56:24 PDT