Professor of Civil Engineering # 20180015FAC
Position Title: Professor of Civil Engineering
Job Posting Number: 20180015FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
College of Science and Engineering
Ingram School of Engineering
Position Description: The Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in Civil Engineering at the rank of professor. The position will officially start in Fall 2018. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of funded research in an appropriate sub-discipline of Civil Engineering or a closely related field, exhibit a strong commitment to student-centered teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and perform university and professional service. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• An earned doctorate in civil engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Domain-appropriate research publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
• Proven ability as an effective teacher in an academic environment.
• Professional Licensure/Registration (PE).
• Prior experience writing and securing grants and/or contracts.
• Research specialization in an appropriate, high-value sub-discipline of civil engineering or a related field, such as structures or materials.
• Ability to work across multiple specialities within engineering, particularly in areas related to Smart City technologies and applications.
• Industrial, commercialization, or post-doctoral experience.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/19884. To assure full consideration, please submit the following by December 1, 2017: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, and a list of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 12/01/2017