Associate Professor in Civil Engineering #20180016FAC
Position Title: Associate Professor in Civil Engineering
Job Posting Number: 20180016FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
College of Science and Engineering
Ingram School of Engineering
Position Description: The Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University invites applications for two (2) tenure track faculty positions in Civil Engineering at the rank of associate professor. The positions will officially start in Fall 2018. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of funded research in an appropriate sub-discipline of civil engineering or a closely related field, exhibit a strong commitment to student-centered teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and perform university and professional service. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• An earned doctorate in civil engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Domain-appropriate research publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
• Proven ability as an effective teacher in an academic environment.
• Professional Licensure/Registration (PE).
• Prior experience writing and securing grants and/or contracts.
• Research specialization in an appropriate, high-value sub-discipline of civil engineering or a related field, such as environmental, geotechnical, fluids/hydraulics, or transportation.
• Ability to work across multiple specialities within engineering, particularly in areas related to Smart City technologies and applications.
• Industrial, commercialization, or post-doctoral experience.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/17786. To assure full consideration, please submit the following by December 1, 2017: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, and a list of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 12/01/2017