Assistant Professor - Business Law #20180021FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor - Business Law
Job Posting Number: 20180021FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
McCoy College of Business Administration
Department of Finance and Economics
Position Description: The Department of Finance and Economics in the McCoy College of Business Administration anticipates an entry-level, tenure-track opening in Business Law at the rank of Assistant Professor effective Fall 2018. Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate business law courses; conducting research leading to scholarly publications as recognized by the McCoy College in the area of business law; and providing service to the students of Texas State University, the Department, the College, and the profession.
Initial review of applicants will be completed by October 1, 2017, but may continue until filled. Applications received after October 1, 2017 will not be considered except upon the committee’s decision to expand the review pool to include late applications, and then only to a date as then determined.
Candidates must have:
• a J.D. from an ABA-accredited school of law;
• no less than three years legal experience;
• an active research agenda; and
• a history of scholarly publications.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• previous experience teaching law at the university or law-school level;
• membership and participation as a member of a law school law review;
• experience as a law clerk at an appellate court or federal district court; and
• an undergraduate, masters, or doctorate degree from an AACSB-accredited college or university, or other relevant postgraduate degrees.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20038. To ensure full consideration, please submit the materials listed below before October 1, 2017. Applications received after October 1, 2017 may be, at the election of the search committee, deemed late and not subject to review.
Note that as part of our application process, we are requesting 3 letters of reference. Please provide the names and email addresses for your references in the Reference Letter section of the employment application. Upon submission of your application, an automated email will be generated and sent to your references with instructions on how to attach the reference letter to your application through a confidential online portal.
The application must include:
• A letter of application;
• an up-to-date curriculum vitae;
• unofficial graduate transcripts;
• evidence of research potential; and,
• three professional references including names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will be required prior to interviews.
• student evaluations of instruction
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting Universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 10/01/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.